Jan 19, 2011, 4:34 PM EDT
The injury bug sweeping through the Rangers locker room isn’t done spreading misery. The team’s leading scorer, Brandon Dubinsky, will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a stress fracture in his left fibula.
Dubinsky’s 17 goals and 21 assists lead the team in both categories and his 38 points have been crucial to what little offensive success the Rangers have seen this year. The team’s woeful offensive performance this season can be attributed to a less-than stellar season out of Marian Gaborik as well as to injuries to Vinny Prospal, Ryan Callahan, and Alexander Frolov.
The Rangers are currently in the middle of the pack in the NHL in goals scored but with Dubinsky being their one consistent performer, the time for Marian Gaborik to step his game up has never been higher. Gaborik has 11 goals and 13 assists this year and for a former 40-goal scorer, those numbers are terrible, especially on a team that was going to be lacking offense as it was. Rookie Derek Stepan has stepped in and played very well for New York, but getting Gaborik going and filling the net is a must-have now for the Rangers.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)