Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
It’s been a mostly frustrating season for the Islanders and one of the original sources of that frustration is making his return to the lineup. Forward Kyle Okposo has missed all of this season thanks to a shoulder injury but he’ll be back in the Islanders lineup tomorrow night at home against the Capitals.
There was a lot of hope surrounding Okposo heading into this season. He was a player some circled to have a breakout season and at 22 years-old is one of the cornerstones of the Islanders future. His injury along with an injury to defenseman Mark Streit before the season even began set the tone that this year would be another frustrating one on Long Island.
Their injuries followed by injuries to Mike Mottau and the on-and-off status of Rick DiPietro have all piled up to make this year a pretty miserable one for Islanders faithful. While the Isles are essentially out of the playoff hunt in the Eastern Conference, a thunderous comeback from Okposo would be the sort of thing to inspire hope. John Tavares has been playing outstanding hockey and to get him one of his best linemates might help show that things aren’t all terrible for the Islanders.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)