Jan 19, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
It’s been a mostly frustrating season for the Islanders and one of the original sources of that frustration is making his return to the lineup. Forward Kyle Okposo has missed all of this season thanks to a shoulder injury but he’ll be back in the Islanders lineup tomorrow night at home against the Capitals.
There was a lot of hope surrounding Okposo heading into this season. He was a player some circled to have a breakout season and at 22 years-old is one of the cornerstones of the Islanders future. His injury along with an injury to defenseman Mark Streit before the season even began set the tone that this year would be another frustrating one on Long Island.
Their injuries followed by injuries to Mike Mottau and the on-and-off status of Rick DiPietro have all piled up to make this year a pretty miserable one for Islanders faithful. While the Isles are essentially out of the playoff hunt in the Eastern Conference, a thunderous comeback from Okposo would be the sort of thing to inspire hope. John Tavares has been playing outstanding hockey and to get him one of his best linemates might help show that things aren’t all terrible for the Islanders.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 28
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)