Jan 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There may not be a player more polarizing in the NHL than Corey Perry. Ducks fans and fans of agitating forwards adore him, everyone else seems to find him irascible and highly unlikable and make public proclamations about how much they don’t like him. To get people to dislike you that much you have to be doing something right and last night fans in Ottawa got a taste of what the good side of Corey Perry is capable of.
With no score and under six minutes to go in the first, the Ducks dug into the Senators zone and with the puck heading towards the blue line, Bobby Ryan gathered it and fired it towards the net. There, Corey Perry was all alone in front and tried to stuff home the rebound. Erik Karlsson crashed back towards the net to take Perry out, but rather than go down to the ice without a chance, he followed the loose puck and put in an acrobatic backhand past a sprawled out Brian Elliott. The goal was Perry’s 24th of the year.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)