Jan 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There may not be a player more polarizing in the NHL than Corey Perry. Ducks fans and fans of agitating forwards adore him, everyone else seems to find him irascible and highly unlikable and make public proclamations about how much they don’t like him. To get people to dislike you that much you have to be doing something right and last night fans in Ottawa got a taste of what the good side of Corey Perry is capable of.
With no score and under six minutes to go in the first, the Ducks dug into the Senators zone and with the puck heading towards the blue line, Bobby Ryan gathered it and fired it towards the net. There, Corey Perry was all alone in front and tried to stuff home the rebound. Erik Karlsson crashed back towards the net to take Perry out, but rather than go down to the ice without a chance, he followed the loose puck and put in an acrobatic backhand past a sprawled out Brian Elliott. The goal was Perry’s 24th of the year.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)