Jan 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There may not be a player more polarizing in the NHL than Corey Perry. Ducks fans and fans of agitating forwards adore him, everyone else seems to find him irascible and highly unlikable and make public proclamations about how much they don’t like him. To get people to dislike you that much you have to be doing something right and last night fans in Ottawa got a taste of what the good side of Corey Perry is capable of.
With no score and under six minutes to go in the first, the Ducks dug into the Senators zone and with the puck heading towards the blue line, Bobby Ryan gathered it and fired it towards the net. There, Corey Perry was all alone in front and tried to stuff home the rebound. Erik Karlsson crashed back towards the net to take Perry out, but rather than go down to the ice without a chance, he followed the loose puck and put in an acrobatic backhand past a sprawled out Brian Elliott. The goal was Perry’s 24th of the year.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 10
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 24
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)