Jan 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
There may not be a player more polarizing in the NHL than Corey Perry. Ducks fans and fans of agitating forwards adore him, everyone else seems to find him irascible and highly unlikable and make public proclamations about how much they don’t like him. To get people to dislike you that much you have to be doing something right and last night fans in Ottawa got a taste of what the good side of Corey Perry is capable of.
With no score and under six minutes to go in the first, the Ducks dug into the Senators zone and with the puck heading towards the blue line, Bobby Ryan gathered it and fired it towards the net. There, Corey Perry was all alone in front and tried to stuff home the rebound. Erik Karlsson crashed back towards the net to take Perry out, but rather than go down to the ice without a chance, he followed the loose puck and put in an acrobatic backhand past a sprawled out Brian Elliott. The goal was Perry’s 24th of the year.
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 0
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 26
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires