Jan 19, 2011, 5:19 PM EDT
Flyers fans have been feeling pretty proud about how their team has played of late and with good reason. The team sits atop the Eastern Conference with 65 points and they’re tied with Vancouver for most points in the NHL. Now they’ll be getting their best defenseman back into the lineup.
Chris Pronger practiced once again today and he’ll be set to play tomorrow night against Ottawa. Pronger’s been out since mid-December with a fractured right foot. Foot injuries are always a bit trickier for hockey players to come back from, but with the amount of work put into fixing Pronger’s foot and the intense rehab he’s done, him coming back now makes the timing right.
Pronger will step back into a defensive corps that’s done well in his absence. Oskars Bartulis and Matt Walker have done well enough so that their play hasn’t been focused on and the mistakes have been few. Getting a minutes hog like Pronger back will also benefit the rest of the lineup as he’s the one guy the Flyers trust the most on the back end.
This also means, barring any setbacks, Pronger will get to face the Chicago Blackhawks in a Stanley Cup rematch on Sunday afternoon at 12:30 ET on NBC. Here’s to hoping that Pronger’s been practicing his puck robbing skills during rehab as well.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20