Jan 19, 2011, 5:19 PM EDT
Flyers fans have been feeling pretty proud about how their team has played of late and with good reason. The team sits atop the Eastern Conference with 65 points and they’re tied with Vancouver for most points in the NHL. Now they’ll be getting their best defenseman back into the lineup.
Chris Pronger practiced once again today and he’ll be set to play tomorrow night against Ottawa. Pronger’s been out since mid-December with a fractured right foot. Foot injuries are always a bit trickier for hockey players to come back from, but with the amount of work put into fixing Pronger’s foot and the intense rehab he’s done, him coming back now makes the timing right.
Pronger will step back into a defensive corps that’s done well in his absence. Oskars Bartulis and Matt Walker have done well enough so that their play hasn’t been focused on and the mistakes have been few. Getting a minutes hog like Pronger back will also benefit the rest of the lineup as he’s the one guy the Flyers trust the most on the back end.
This also means, barring any setbacks, Pronger will get to face the Chicago Blackhawks in a Stanley Cup rematch on Sunday afternoon at 12:30 ET on NBC. Here’s to hoping that Pronger’s been practicing his puck robbing skills during rehab as well.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)