Jan 19, 2011, 5:19 PM EDT
Flyers fans have been feeling pretty proud about how their team has played of late and with good reason. The team sits atop the Eastern Conference with 65 points and they’re tied with Vancouver for most points in the NHL. Now they’ll be getting their best defenseman back into the lineup.
Chris Pronger practiced once again today and he’ll be set to play tomorrow night against Ottawa. Pronger’s been out since mid-December with a fractured right foot. Foot injuries are always a bit trickier for hockey players to come back from, but with the amount of work put into fixing Pronger’s foot and the intense rehab he’s done, him coming back now makes the timing right.
Pronger will step back into a defensive corps that’s done well in his absence. Oskars Bartulis and Matt Walker have done well enough so that their play hasn’t been focused on and the mistakes have been few. Getting a minutes hog like Pronger back will also benefit the rest of the lineup as he’s the one guy the Flyers trust the most on the back end.
This also means, barring any setbacks, Pronger will get to face the Chicago Blackhawks in a Stanley Cup rematch on Sunday afternoon at 12:30 ET on NBC. Here’s to hoping that Pronger’s been practicing his puck robbing skills during rehab as well.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 2
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)