Jan 19, 2011, 5:19 PM EDT
Flyers fans have been feeling pretty proud about how their team has played of late and with good reason. The team sits atop the Eastern Conference with 65 points and they’re tied with Vancouver for most points in the NHL. Now they’ll be getting their best defenseman back into the lineup.
Chris Pronger practiced once again today and he’ll be set to play tomorrow night against Ottawa. Pronger’s been out since mid-December with a fractured right foot. Foot injuries are always a bit trickier for hockey players to come back from, but with the amount of work put into fixing Pronger’s foot and the intense rehab he’s done, him coming back now makes the timing right.
Pronger will step back into a defensive corps that’s done well in his absence. Oskars Bartulis and Matt Walker have done well enough so that their play hasn’t been focused on and the mistakes have been few. Getting a minutes hog like Pronger back will also benefit the rest of the lineup as he’s the one guy the Flyers trust the most on the back end.
This also means, barring any setbacks, Pronger will get to face the Chicago Blackhawks in a Stanley Cup rematch on Sunday afternoon at 12:30 ET on NBC. Here’s to hoping that Pronger’s been practicing his puck robbing skills during rehab as well.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 73
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32