Jan 19, 2011, 2:25 PM EST
As if the Penguins didn’t have enough offense missing from their lineup with Sidney Crosby out with a concussion, they’ll lose another big name for tomorrow’s game.
Pens coach Dan Bylsma said today after practice that Evgeni Malkin will miss tomorrow’s game with New Jersey with an undisclosed injury. Malkin has been in a slump of late and unable to help the Penguins scoring woes. With Malkin out of the lineup, the burden of carrying Pittsburgh’s offense shifts to Jordan Staal. Staal has been playing great since returning to the Pens lineup after missing most of the season with hand and foot injuries.
Without Crosby and Malkin in the lineup, that leaves the Penguins without two all-world type players and creates a hole that’s virtually impossible to fill. Malkin’s absence might prompt the Penguins to call someone up from the AHL and Eric Tangradi stands out as a possibility.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (121)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)