Jan 19, 2011, 2:25 PM EDT
As if the Penguins didn’t have enough offense missing from their lineup with Sidney Crosby out with a concussion, they’ll lose another big name for tomorrow’s game.
Pens coach Dan Bylsma said today after practice that Evgeni Malkin will miss tomorrow’s game with New Jersey with an undisclosed injury. Malkin has been in a slump of late and unable to help the Penguins scoring woes. With Malkin out of the lineup, the burden of carrying Pittsburgh’s offense shifts to Jordan Staal. Staal has been playing great since returning to the Pens lineup after missing most of the season with hand and foot injuries.
Without Crosby and Malkin in the lineup, that leaves the Penguins without two all-world type players and creates a hole that’s virtually impossible to fill. Malkin’s absence might prompt the Penguins to call someone up from the AHL and Eric Tangradi stands out as a possibility.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? 22
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 15
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 12
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 33
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 58
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 92
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead