Jan 19, 2011, 2:25 PM EST
As if the Penguins didn’t have enough offense missing from their lineup with Sidney Crosby out with a concussion, they’ll lose another big name for tomorrow’s game.
Pens coach Dan Bylsma said today after practice that Evgeni Malkin will miss tomorrow’s game with New Jersey with an undisclosed injury. Malkin has been in a slump of late and unable to help the Penguins scoring woes. With Malkin out of the lineup, the burden of carrying Pittsburgh’s offense shifts to Jordan Staal. Staal has been playing great since returning to the Pens lineup after missing most of the season with hand and foot injuries.
Without Crosby and Malkin in the lineup, that leaves the Penguins without two all-world type players and creates a hole that’s virtually impossible to fill. Malkin’s absence might prompt the Penguins to call someone up from the AHL and Eric Tangradi stands out as a possibility.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)