Jan 18, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
It’s a funny thing being a pro athlete in a town when there’s another big sporting event ready to happen. For the Chicago Blackhawks, they were able to rally both the Cubs and White Sox during baseball season to their side during their championship run last season. With the Chicago Bears in this weekend’s NFC Championship game against eternal rival Green Bay, some strange battle lines have been drawn in the Blackhawks locker room.
Hawks forwards Jack Skille and Jake Dowell were both born and raised in Wisconsin (Jack from Madison, Jake from Eau Claire) and both attended the University of Wisconsin as well to play hockey. As you might expect, these two are huge Green Bay Packers fans and not too afraid to admit as much. For some fans, they expect that everyone on the home town teams will all root for the home town teams in other sports to do well.
Skille, on the other hand, has no qualms whatsoever about letting his pro-Packer feelings fly amongst the boys in the locker room. In fact, he’s so proud of his team that even noted celebrator and team funny guy Patrick Kane is even amazed. As you’ll see in the video courtesy of our friends at NBC Chicago, Skille is having a hard time containing his excitement.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 18
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 55
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control