Jan 18, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
It’s a funny thing being a pro athlete in a town when there’s another big sporting event ready to happen. For the Chicago Blackhawks, they were able to rally both the Cubs and White Sox during baseball season to their side during their championship run last season. With the Chicago Bears in this weekend’s NFC Championship game against eternal rival Green Bay, some strange battle lines have been drawn in the Blackhawks locker room.
Hawks forwards Jack Skille and Jake Dowell were both born and raised in Wisconsin (Jack from Madison, Jake from Eau Claire) and both attended the University of Wisconsin as well to play hockey. As you might expect, these two are huge Green Bay Packers fans and not too afraid to admit as much. For some fans, they expect that everyone on the home town teams will all root for the home town teams in other sports to do well.
Skille, on the other hand, has no qualms whatsoever about letting his pro-Packer feelings fly amongst the boys in the locker room. In fact, he’s so proud of his team that even noted celebrator and team funny guy Patrick Kane is even amazed. As you’ll see in the video courtesy of our friends at NBC Chicago, Skille is having a hard time containing his excitement.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 55
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)