Jan 18, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
It’s a funny thing being a pro athlete in a town when there’s another big sporting event ready to happen. For the Chicago Blackhawks, they were able to rally both the Cubs and White Sox during baseball season to their side during their championship run last season. With the Chicago Bears in this weekend’s NFC Championship game against eternal rival Green Bay, some strange battle lines have been drawn in the Blackhawks locker room.
Hawks forwards Jack Skille and Jake Dowell were both born and raised in Wisconsin (Jack from Madison, Jake from Eau Claire) and both attended the University of Wisconsin as well to play hockey. As you might expect, these two are huge Green Bay Packers fans and not too afraid to admit as much. For some fans, they expect that everyone on the home town teams will all root for the home town teams in other sports to do well.
Skille, on the other hand, has no qualms whatsoever about letting his pro-Packer feelings fly amongst the boys in the locker room. In fact, he’s so proud of his team that even noted celebrator and team funny guy Patrick Kane is even amazed. As you’ll see in the video courtesy of our friends at NBC Chicago, Skille is having a hard time containing his excitement.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17