Jan 18, 2011, 7:55 PM EST
It’s a funny thing being a pro athlete in a town when there’s another big sporting event ready to happen. For the Chicago Blackhawks, they were able to rally both the Cubs and White Sox during baseball season to their side during their championship run last season. With the Chicago Bears in this weekend’s NFC Championship game against eternal rival Green Bay, some strange battle lines have been drawn in the Blackhawks locker room.
Hawks forwards Jack Skille and Jake Dowell were both born and raised in Wisconsin (Jack from Madison, Jake from Eau Claire) and both attended the University of Wisconsin as well to play hockey. As you might expect, these two are huge Green Bay Packers fans and not too afraid to admit as much. For some fans, they expect that everyone on the home town teams will all root for the home town teams in other sports to do well.
Skille, on the other hand, has no qualms whatsoever about letting his pro-Packer feelings fly amongst the boys in the locker room. In fact, he’s so proud of his team that even noted celebrator and team funny guy Patrick Kane is even amazed. As you’ll see in the video courtesy of our friends at NBC Chicago, Skille is having a hard time containing his excitement.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in a bind with Montoya also hurt 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)