Jan 18, 2011, 7:55 PM EST
It’s a funny thing being a pro athlete in a town when there’s another big sporting event ready to happen. For the Chicago Blackhawks, they were able to rally both the Cubs and White Sox during baseball season to their side during their championship run last season. With the Chicago Bears in this weekend’s NFC Championship game against eternal rival Green Bay, some strange battle lines have been drawn in the Blackhawks locker room.
Hawks forwards Jack Skille and Jake Dowell were both born and raised in Wisconsin (Jack from Madison, Jake from Eau Claire) and both attended the University of Wisconsin as well to play hockey. As you might expect, these two are huge Green Bay Packers fans and not too afraid to admit as much. For some fans, they expect that everyone on the home town teams will all root for the home town teams in other sports to do well.
Skille, on the other hand, has no qualms whatsoever about letting his pro-Packer feelings fly amongst the boys in the locker room. In fact, he’s so proud of his team that even noted celebrator and team funny guy Patrick Kane is even amazed. As you’ll see in the video courtesy of our friends at NBC Chicago, Skille is having a hard time containing his excitement.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)