Jan 18, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Los Angeles @ St. Louis – 8 p.m.
L.A.’s starter: Jon Quick will get the start for the Kings. (Source)
St. Louis’ starter: No surprises here as Jaroslav Halak will start once again for St. Louis. (Source)
Vancouver @ Colorado – 9 p.m.
Vancouver’s starter: Roberto Luongo will start for Vancouver. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Craig Anderson will be between the pipes for the Avs tonight. (Source)
Nashville @ Phoenix – 9 p.m.
Nashville’s starter: The NHL’s most unheralded goalie, Pekka Rinne, will start for the Preds. (Source)
Phoenix’s starter: As you might expect, it’ll be Ilya Bryzgalov in goal for Phoenix. (Source)
Minnesota @ Edmonton – 9:30 p.m.
Minnesota’s starter: Borat’s back in goal. Anton Khudobin gets the nod once again for Minnesota. Niklas Backstrom will be backing him up though. (Source)
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 0
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 10
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 21
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 7
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 9
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 18
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)