Jan 18, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Los Angeles @ St. Louis – 8 p.m.
L.A.’s starter: Jon Quick will get the start for the Kings. (Source)
St. Louis’ starter: No surprises here as Jaroslav Halak will start once again for St. Louis. (Source)
Vancouver @ Colorado – 9 p.m.
Vancouver’s starter: Roberto Luongo will start for Vancouver. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Craig Anderson will be between the pipes for the Avs tonight. (Source)
Nashville @ Phoenix – 9 p.m.
Nashville’s starter: The NHL’s most unheralded goalie, Pekka Rinne, will start for the Preds. (Source)
Phoenix’s starter: As you might expect, it’ll be Ilya Bryzgalov in goal for Phoenix. (Source)
Minnesota @ Edmonton – 9:30 p.m.
Minnesota’s starter: Borat’s back in goal. Anton Khudobin gets the nod once again for Minnesota. Niklas Backstrom will be backing him up though. (Source)
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 9
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 11
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)