Jan 18, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Los Angeles @ St. Louis – 8 p.m.
L.A.’s starter: Jon Quick will get the start for the Kings. (Source)
St. Louis’ starter: No surprises here as Jaroslav Halak will start once again for St. Louis. (Source)
Vancouver @ Colorado – 9 p.m.
Vancouver’s starter: Roberto Luongo will start for Vancouver. (Source)
Colorado’s starter: Craig Anderson will be between the pipes for the Avs tonight. (Source)
Nashville @ Phoenix – 9 p.m.
Nashville’s starter: The NHL’s most unheralded goalie, Pekka Rinne, will start for the Preds. (Source)
Phoenix’s starter: As you might expect, it’ll be Ilya Bryzgalov in goal for Phoenix. (Source)
Minnesota @ Edmonton – 9:30 p.m.
Minnesota’s starter: Borat’s back in goal. Anton Khudobin gets the nod once again for Minnesota. Niklas Backstrom will be backing him up though. (Source)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40