Jan 18, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s agent Pat Brisson admits that his client is angry, but that the anger won’t be directed at the NHL via a boycott of the 2011 NHL All-Star Game. Instead Brisson explains that Crosby is simply mad that his injury is keeping him from appearing on the ice.
In other words, if the league’s biggest star misses the event, it will be because of lingering concussion issues rather than festering bitterness regarding the way the NHL handled the two hits that gave him trouble.
Brisson echoes thoughts we’ve passed along since Crosby missed his first game: the nebulous nature of concussions means that “he could be out two more days or two more months.”
Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean that Crosby is happy with the way the situation has been handled, though. Let’s not forget that he was quite outspoken regarding the lack of discipline handed out to Washington Capitals center David Steckel and Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman.
It just seems out of character for Crosby to make such a “statement” by sitting out a big league event out of spite. So let’s allow the rumors of a Crosby boycott die, but we cannot deny the fact that the rumors had some merit. It’s not ridiculous to wonder if he’s fuming about those hits, after all.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)