Jan 18, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s agent Pat Brisson admits that his client is angry, but that the anger won’t be directed at the NHL via a boycott of the 2011 NHL All-Star Game. Instead Brisson explains that Crosby is simply mad that his injury is keeping him from appearing on the ice.
In other words, if the league’s biggest star misses the event, it will be because of lingering concussion issues rather than festering bitterness regarding the way the NHL handled the two hits that gave him trouble.
Brisson echoes thoughts we’ve passed along since Crosby missed his first game: the nebulous nature of concussions means that “he could be out two more days or two more months.”
Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean that Crosby is happy with the way the situation has been handled, though. Let’s not forget that he was quite outspoken regarding the lack of discipline handed out to Washington Capitals center David Steckel and Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman.
It just seems out of character for Crosby to make such a “statement” by sitting out a big league event out of spite. So let’s allow the rumors of a Crosby boycott die, but we cannot deny the fact that the rumors had some merit. It’s not ridiculous to wonder if he’s fuming about those hits, after all.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)