Jan 18, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s agent Pat Brisson admits that his client is angry, but that the anger won’t be directed at the NHL via a boycott of the 2011 NHL All-Star Game. Instead Brisson explains that Crosby is simply mad that his injury is keeping him from appearing on the ice.
In other words, if the league’s biggest star misses the event, it will be because of lingering concussion issues rather than festering bitterness regarding the way the NHL handled the two hits that gave him trouble.
Brisson echoes thoughts we’ve passed along since Crosby missed his first game: the nebulous nature of concussions means that “he could be out two more days or two more months.”
Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean that Crosby is happy with the way the situation has been handled, though. Let’s not forget that he was quite outspoken regarding the lack of discipline handed out to Washington Capitals center David Steckel and Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman.
It just seems out of character for Crosby to make such a “statement” by sitting out a big league event out of spite. So let’s allow the rumors of a Crosby boycott die, but we cannot deny the fact that the rumors had some merit. It’s not ridiculous to wonder if he’s fuming about those hits, after all.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)