Jan 18, 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby‘s agent Pat Brisson admits that his client is angry, but that the anger won’t be directed at the NHL via a boycott of the 2011 NHL All-Star Game. Instead Brisson explains that Crosby is simply mad that his injury is keeping him from appearing on the ice.
In other words, if the league’s biggest star misses the event, it will be because of lingering concussion issues rather than festering bitterness regarding the way the NHL handled the two hits that gave him trouble.
Brisson echoes thoughts we’ve passed along since Crosby missed his first game: the nebulous nature of concussions means that “he could be out two more days or two more months.”
Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean that Crosby is happy with the way the situation has been handled, though. Let’s not forget that he was quite outspoken regarding the lack of discipline handed out to Washington Capitals center David Steckel and Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman.
It just seems out of character for Crosby to make such a “statement” by sitting out a big league event out of spite. So let’s allow the rumors of a Crosby boycott die, but we cannot deny the fact that the rumors had some merit. It’s not ridiculous to wonder if he’s fuming about those hits, after all.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (60)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)