Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 PM EDT
When you come to the NHL as a rookie, it can be tough to make an impression sometimes. When you’re on a team with the likes of Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Jordan Staal getting noticed can be a lot more difficult. For Mark Letestu, his work this year to chip in while injuries to all three of those superstars have sat out with injuries.
The Penguins rewarded Letestu with a two-year contract extension worth $1.25 million, $625,000 against the cap. Letestu’s efforts as a winger and occasional center have been solid with no letdown this season. With the Pens looking for consistent play from players that aren’t superstars, Letestu stepping in and playing mostly mistake-free hockey while adding nine goals and ten assists has been a real boost to their lineup.
With Letestu’s deal was expiring after this season, so it’ll be interesting to see if the boost in confidence he gets from having the Penguins lock him up and believe in him gives him a boost. The Pens could always use a little bit extra with Crosby still out and Malkin slumping.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)