Jan 18, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
There are two burning questions from this busy Tuesday in NHL news:
1. Will Sidney Crosby boycott the 2011 NHL All-Star Game?
2. Is teal slimming?
At least, the second burning question might be going through the minds of people who love to write Kyle Wellwood fat jokes. That’s because the Sharks decided to claim the walking punchline/respectable playmaking center under the noses of the St. Louis Blues today. (Source: TSN’s Bob McKenzie.)
Some might say that the Sharks got punchier and crunchier on Tuesday, as the team sent away their fifth round pick to acquire Ben Eager in a trade with the Atlanta Thrashers.
There’s one more bit of Sharks news, but it’s not as positive: the NHL will hold a disciplinary hearing with gritty forward Scott Nichol for elbowing Phoenix Coyotes defenseman David Schlemko on Monday. We’ll provide an update once word surfaces regarding his punishment (or lack thereof).
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)