Jan 18, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
There are two burning questions from this busy Tuesday in NHL news:
1. Will Sidney Crosby boycott the 2011 NHL All-Star Game?
2. Is teal slimming?
At least, the second burning question might be going through the minds of people who love to write Kyle Wellwood fat jokes. That’s because the Sharks decided to claim the walking punchline/respectable playmaking center under the noses of the St. Louis Blues today. (Source: TSN’s Bob McKenzie.)
Some might say that the Sharks got punchier and crunchier on Tuesday, as the team sent away their fifth round pick to acquire Ben Eager in a trade with the Atlanta Thrashers.
There’s one more bit of Sharks news, but it’s not as positive: the NHL will hold a disciplinary hearing with gritty forward Scott Nichol for elbowing Phoenix Coyotes defenseman David Schlemko on Monday. We’ll provide an update once word surfaces regarding his punishment (or lack thereof).
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 28
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (154)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)