Jan 18, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
There are two burning questions from this busy Tuesday in NHL news:
1. Will Sidney Crosby boycott the 2011 NHL All-Star Game?
2. Is teal slimming?
At least, the second burning question might be going through the minds of people who love to write Kyle Wellwood fat jokes. That’s because the Sharks decided to claim the walking punchline/respectable playmaking center under the noses of the St. Louis Blues today. (Source: TSN’s Bob McKenzie.)
Some might say that the Sharks got punchier and crunchier on Tuesday, as the team sent away their fifth round pick to acquire Ben Eager in a trade with the Atlanta Thrashers.
There’s one more bit of Sharks news, but it’s not as positive: the NHL will hold a disciplinary hearing with gritty forward Scott Nichol for elbowing Phoenix Coyotes defenseman David Schlemko on Monday. We’ll provide an update once word surfaces regarding his punishment (or lack thereof).
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)