Jan 18, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
There are two burning questions from this busy Tuesday in NHL news:
1. Will Sidney Crosby boycott the 2011 NHL All-Star Game?
2. Is teal slimming?
At least, the second burning question might be going through the minds of people who love to write Kyle Wellwood fat jokes. That’s because the Sharks decided to claim the walking punchline/respectable playmaking center under the noses of the St. Louis Blues today. (Source: TSN’s Bob McKenzie.)
Some might say that the Sharks got punchier and crunchier on Tuesday, as the team sent away their fifth round pick to acquire Ben Eager in a trade with the Atlanta Thrashers.
There’s one more bit of Sharks news, but it’s not as positive: the NHL will hold a disciplinary hearing with gritty forward Scott Nichol for elbowing Phoenix Coyotes defenseman David Schlemko on Monday. We’ll provide an update once word surfaces regarding his punishment (or lack thereof).
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)