Jan 18, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
There are two burning questions from this busy Tuesday in NHL news:
1. Will Sidney Crosby boycott the 2011 NHL All-Star Game?
2. Is teal slimming?
At least, the second burning question might be going through the minds of people who love to write Kyle Wellwood fat jokes. That’s because the Sharks decided to claim the walking punchline/respectable playmaking center under the noses of the St. Louis Blues today. (Source: TSN’s Bob McKenzie.)
Some might say that the Sharks got punchier and crunchier on Tuesday, as the team sent away their fifth round pick to acquire Ben Eager in a trade with the Atlanta Thrashers.
There’s one more bit of Sharks news, but it’s not as positive: the NHL will hold a disciplinary hearing with gritty forward Scott Nichol for elbowing Phoenix Coyotes defenseman David Schlemko on Monday. We’ll provide an update once word surfaces regarding his punishment (or lack thereof).
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)