Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The game isn’t over yet in Buffalo, but it’s already a bad night for the Montreal Canadiens.
Forwards Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty both left tonight’s game with injuries and will not return. PaciorettCammalleri took a push from Buffalo’s Mike Weber and went into the boards awkwardly. Word from TSN’s Bob McKenzie is that Cammalleri may miss up two weeks with a separated shoulder.
The sight for Pacioretty was a bit scarier. Pacioretty was struck by a shot from teammate James Wisniewski and dropped to the ice. Behind the scenes, TSN cameras caught Pacioretty being taken out of HSBC Arena on a stretcher and off to a local hospital to be checked out. The word on Pacioretty from Renaud Lavoie of RDS is that it’s a rib injury and the team wanted to make sure there were no other serious injuries internally.
The Habs also had scares from P.K. Subban after catching a shot off his foot as well as from Brian Gionta and Jeff Halpern who have struggled through minor afflictions. It’s such a car wreck for the Habs that they’ve already assembled a video of what’s happened.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)