Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The game isn’t over yet in Buffalo, but it’s already a bad night for the Montreal Canadiens.
Forwards Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty both left tonight’s game with injuries and will not return. PaciorettCammalleri took a push from Buffalo’s Mike Weber and went into the boards awkwardly. Word from TSN’s Bob McKenzie is that Cammalleri may miss up two weeks with a separated shoulder.
The sight for Pacioretty was a bit scarier. Pacioretty was struck by a shot from teammate James Wisniewski and dropped to the ice. Behind the scenes, TSN cameras caught Pacioretty being taken out of HSBC Arena on a stretcher and off to a local hospital to be checked out. The word on Pacioretty from Renaud Lavoie of RDS is that it’s a rib injury and the team wanted to make sure there were no other serious injuries internally.
The Habs also had scares from P.K. Subban after catching a shot off his foot as well as from Brian Gionta and Jeff Halpern who have struggled through minor afflictions. It’s such a car wreck for the Habs that they’ve already assembled a video of what’s happened.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5