Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The game isn’t over yet in Buffalo, but it’s already a bad night for the Montreal Canadiens.
Forwards Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty both left tonight’s game with injuries and will not return. PaciorettCammalleri took a push from Buffalo’s Mike Weber and went into the boards awkwardly. Word from TSN’s Bob McKenzie is that Cammalleri may miss up two weeks with a separated shoulder.
The sight for Pacioretty was a bit scarier. Pacioretty was struck by a shot from teammate James Wisniewski and dropped to the ice. Behind the scenes, TSN cameras caught Pacioretty being taken out of HSBC Arena on a stretcher and off to a local hospital to be checked out. The word on Pacioretty from Renaud Lavoie of RDS is that it’s a rib injury and the team wanted to make sure there were no other serious injuries internally.
The Habs also had scares from P.K. Subban after catching a shot off his foot as well as from Brian Gionta and Jeff Halpern who have struggled through minor afflictions. It’s such a car wreck for the Habs that they’ve already assembled a video of what’s happened.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 3
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 13
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)