Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The game isn’t over yet in Buffalo, but it’s already a bad night for the Montreal Canadiens.
Forwards Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty both left tonight’s game with injuries and will not return. PaciorettCammalleri took a push from Buffalo’s Mike Weber and went into the boards awkwardly. Word from TSN’s Bob McKenzie is that Cammalleri may miss up two weeks with a separated shoulder.
The sight for Pacioretty was a bit scarier. Pacioretty was struck by a shot from teammate James Wisniewski and dropped to the ice. Behind the scenes, TSN cameras caught Pacioretty being taken out of HSBC Arena on a stretcher and off to a local hospital to be checked out. The word on Pacioretty from Renaud Lavoie of RDS is that it’s a rib injury and the team wanted to make sure there were no other serious injuries internally.
The Habs also had scares from P.K. Subban after catching a shot off his foot as well as from Brian Gionta and Jeff Halpern who have struggled through minor afflictions. It’s such a car wreck for the Habs that they’ve already assembled a video of what’s happened.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63