Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
The game isn’t over yet in Buffalo, but it’s already a bad night for the Montreal Canadiens.
Forwards Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty both left tonight’s game with injuries and will not return. PaciorettCammalleri took a push from Buffalo’s Mike Weber and went into the boards awkwardly. Word from TSN’s Bob McKenzie is that Cammalleri may miss up two weeks with a separated shoulder.
The sight for Pacioretty was a bit scarier. Pacioretty was struck by a shot from teammate James Wisniewski and dropped to the ice. Behind the scenes, TSN cameras caught Pacioretty being taken out of HSBC Arena on a stretcher and off to a local hospital to be checked out. The word on Pacioretty from Renaud Lavoie of RDS is that it’s a rib injury and the team wanted to make sure there were no other serious injuries internally.
The Habs also had scares from P.K. Subban after catching a shot off his foot as well as from Brian Gionta and Jeff Halpern who have struggled through minor afflictions. It’s such a car wreck for the Habs that they’ve already assembled a video of what’s happened.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22