Jan 18, 2011, 7:09 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
The January 10-16th Save of the Week nominees list was full of borderline household names in hockey. The group of seven goalies included Jaroslav Halak, Ryan Miller, Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo, Marc-Andre Fleury, Nikolai Khabibulin and … Henrik Karlsson.
OK, so not every goalie was a big name, but that’s as successful a group as you can ask for, with Stanley Cups and Vezina Trophies galore.
Halak might not own either one of those trophies but his 2010 playoff performances made him well-known even to many casual hockey fans. Perhaps that explains his win, although his save probably speaks for itself.
Here are the poll results:
Here is video of the save.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)