Jan 18, 2011, 7:09 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
The January 10-16th Save of the Week nominees list was full of borderline household names in hockey. The group of seven goalies included Jaroslav Halak, Ryan Miller, Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo, Marc-Andre Fleury, Nikolai Khabibulin and … Henrik Karlsson.
OK, so not every goalie was a big name, but that’s as successful a group as you can ask for, with Stanley Cups and Vezina Trophies galore.
Halak might not own either one of those trophies but his 2010 playoff performances made him well-known even to many casual hockey fans. Perhaps that explains his win, although his save probably speaks for itself.
Here are the poll results:
Here is video of the save.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)