Jan 18, 2011, 7:09 PM EDT
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
The January 10-16th Save of the Week nominees list was full of borderline household names in hockey. The group of seven goalies included Jaroslav Halak, Ryan Miller, Tim Thomas, Roberto Luongo, Marc-Andre Fleury, Nikolai Khabibulin and … Henrik Karlsson.
OK, so not every goalie was a big name, but that’s as successful a group as you can ask for, with Stanley Cups and Vezina Trophies galore.
Halak might not own either one of those trophies but his 2010 playoff performances made him well-known even to many casual hockey fans. Perhaps that explains his win, although his save probably speaks for itself.
Here are the poll results:
Here is video of the save.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 7
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)