Jan 18, 2011, 2:49 PM EST
There hasn’t been a lot of good news for the injury-riddled St. Louis Blues lately, but there’s finally some silver lining: the team announced that they activated TJ Oshie from the injured reserve. He’s expected to play against the Los Angeles Kings tonight, according to a press release from the team.
Oshie missed 31 games so far this season with a fractured left ankle, a tough absence for the Blues to deal with considering the impact he makes when healthy. (He scored a goal and nine assists for 10 points in 13 games before being injured in 2010-11.)
Of course, it might take Oshie time to reacquaint himself with the NHL game and the team is still shorthanded. They lost out on Kyle Wellwood and still must play without Andy McDonald and David Perron for an indefinite amount of time. The Blues will take any break they can, though.
While they’re stuck in the muck of the Western Conference at 12th place right now, it’s a credit to the team’s resilience that they are only four points out of the eighth spot at the moment. We’ll keep you updated on the status of McDonald and Perron while also monitoring Oshie’s progress going forward.
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 3
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 8
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 52
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 75
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)