Jan 18, 2011, 2:49 PM EST
There hasn’t been a lot of good news for the injury-riddled St. Louis Blues lately, but there’s finally some silver lining: the team announced that they activated TJ Oshie from the injured reserve. He’s expected to play against the Los Angeles Kings tonight, according to a press release from the team.
Oshie missed 31 games so far this season with a fractured left ankle, a tough absence for the Blues to deal with considering the impact he makes when healthy. (He scored a goal and nine assists for 10 points in 13 games before being injured in 2010-11.)
Of course, it might take Oshie time to reacquaint himself with the NHL game and the team is still shorthanded. They lost out on Kyle Wellwood and still must play without Andy McDonald and David Perron for an indefinite amount of time. The Blues will take any break they can, though.
While they’re stuck in the muck of the Western Conference at 12th place right now, it’s a credit to the team’s resilience that they are only four points out of the eighth spot at the moment. We’ll keep you updated on the status of McDonald and Perron while also monitoring Oshie’s progress going forward.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 25
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)