Jan 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Don’t look now, but the dreadful New Jersey Devils have won four of their last five, going 4-0-1 in that span.
The NHL’s worst team might not be at the bottom of the cellar much longer if they receive the kind of superlative efforts of players such as Mattias Tedenby, who scored an absolutely ridiculous goal on Monday night. Tedenby showed great speed with the puck before passing it, only to get the puck back and scored on an outstanding deke and backhand shot.
It’s the kind of speedy, talented effort that forces you to ask: is this Tedenby guy really a defenseman?
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32