Jan 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Note: there’s still time to vote for the Save of the Week. Click here to do so.
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Last week provided some truly deserving nominees for the goal of the week. Martin St. Louis pulled out a fabulous move to beat Martin Brodeur. James Neal and Loui Eriksson made beautiful music together to score against their helpless opponents. Mason Raymond continued a season-long tradition of aggravating goalies with a show-off spinning shootout move.
Yet readers decided strongly in favor of Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland for the January 10-16th Goal of the Week. Bolland is normally known more for his defensive prowess – he drove normally docile talents such as Joe Thornton and Daniel Sedin to rare outbursts of violence during the 2010 playoffs – but he can generate some magic on offense, too.
Take a look at the poll results before you marvel at his “killer crossover.”
Here’s video of the winning goal.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36