Jan 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Note: there’s still time to vote for the Save of the Week. Click here to do so.
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Last week provided some truly deserving nominees for the goal of the week. Martin St. Louis pulled out a fabulous move to beat Martin Brodeur. James Neal and Loui Eriksson made beautiful music together to score against their helpless opponents. Mason Raymond continued a season-long tradition of aggravating goalies with a show-off spinning shootout move.
Yet readers decided strongly in favor of Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland for the January 10-16th Goal of the Week. Bolland is normally known more for his defensive prowess – he drove normally docile talents such as Joe Thornton and Daniel Sedin to rare outbursts of violence during the 2010 playoffs – but he can generate some magic on offense, too.
Take a look at the poll results before you marvel at his “killer crossover.”
Here’s video of the winning goal.
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 15
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 20
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 29
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)