Jan 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Note: there’s still time to vote for the Save of the Week. Click here to do so.
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Last week provided some truly deserving nominees for the goal of the week. Martin St. Louis pulled out a fabulous move to beat Martin Brodeur. James Neal and Loui Eriksson made beautiful music together to score against their helpless opponents. Mason Raymond continued a season-long tradition of aggravating goalies with a show-off spinning shootout move.
Yet readers decided strongly in favor of Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland for the January 10-16th Goal of the Week. Bolland is normally known more for his defensive prowess – he drove normally docile talents such as Joe Thornton and Daniel Sedin to rare outbursts of violence during the 2010 playoffs – but he can generate some magic on offense, too.
Take a look at the poll results before you marvel at his “killer crossover.”
Here’s video of the winning goal.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 8
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)