Jan 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Note: there’s still time to vote for the Save of the Week. Click here to do so.
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Last week provided some truly deserving nominees for the goal of the week. Martin St. Louis pulled out a fabulous move to beat Martin Brodeur. James Neal and Loui Eriksson made beautiful music together to score against their helpless opponents. Mason Raymond continued a season-long tradition of aggravating goalies with a show-off spinning shootout move.
Yet readers decided strongly in favor of Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland for the January 10-16th Goal of the Week. Bolland is normally known more for his defensive prowess – he drove normally docile talents such as Joe Thornton and Daniel Sedin to rare outbursts of violence during the 2010 playoffs – but he can generate some magic on offense, too.
Take a look at the poll results before you marvel at his “killer crossover.”
Here’s video of the winning goal.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 1
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 11
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)