Jan 18, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Note: there’s still time to vote for the Save of the Week. Click here to do so.
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Last week provided some truly deserving nominees for the goal of the week. Martin St. Louis pulled out a fabulous move to beat Martin Brodeur. James Neal and Loui Eriksson made beautiful music together to score against their helpless opponents. Mason Raymond continued a season-long tradition of aggravating goalies with a show-off spinning shootout move.
Yet readers decided strongly in favor of Chicago Blackhawks forward Dave Bolland for the January 10-16th Goal of the Week. Bolland is normally known more for his defensive prowess – he drove normally docile talents such as Joe Thornton and Daniel Sedin to rare outbursts of violence during the 2010 playoffs – but he can generate some magic on offense, too.
Take a look at the poll results before you marvel at his “killer crossover.”
Here’s video of the winning goal.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 20
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5