Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Carolina @ Boston – 1 p.m.
Carolina’s starter: Cam Ward will start once again for the Hurricanes. Expect him to get the call each game until the All-Star break. (Source)
Boston’s starter: Tim Thomas gets the call in goal this afternoon. (Source)
New Jersey @ NY Islanders – 1 p.m.
New Jersey’s starter: Martin Brodeur starts his fourth straight game and looks to rebound after an overtime loss to Florida. (Source)
New York’s starter: Kevin Poulin gets the start for the Isles. Perhaps working Rick DiPietro like a dog after getting back from injury wasn’t in the plans. Go figure. (Source)
San Jose @ Phoenix – 4 p.m.
San Jose’s possible starter: Antti Niemi shapes up to be the starter in this one. Call it a hunch as he got the win against St. Louis the other night. UPDATE: Confirmed, Niemi gets the nod. (Source)
Phoenix’s possible starter: We’re thinking that Ilya Bryzgalov gets the start this afternoon.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5