Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Carolina @ Boston – 1 p.m.
Carolina’s starter: Cam Ward will start once again for the Hurricanes. Expect him to get the call each game until the All-Star break. (Source)
Boston’s starter: Tim Thomas gets the call in goal this afternoon. (Source)
New Jersey @ NY Islanders – 1 p.m.
New Jersey’s starter: Martin Brodeur starts his fourth straight game and looks to rebound after an overtime loss to Florida. (Source)
New York’s starter: Kevin Poulin gets the start for the Isles. Perhaps working Rick DiPietro like a dog after getting back from injury wasn’t in the plans. Go figure. (Source)
San Jose @ Phoenix – 4 p.m.
San Jose’s possible starter: Antti Niemi shapes up to be the starter in this one. Call it a hunch as he got the win against St. Louis the other night. UPDATE: Confirmed, Niemi gets the nod. (Source)
Phoenix’s possible starter: We’re thinking that Ilya Bryzgalov gets the start this afternoon.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5