Jan 17, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Carolina @ Boston – 1 p.m.
Carolina’s starter: Cam Ward will start once again for the Hurricanes. Expect him to get the call each game until the All-Star break. (Source)
Boston’s starter: Tim Thomas gets the call in goal this afternoon. (Source)
New Jersey @ NY Islanders – 1 p.m.
New Jersey’s starter: Martin Brodeur starts his fourth straight game and looks to rebound after an overtime loss to Florida. (Source)
New York’s starter: Kevin Poulin gets the start for the Isles. Perhaps working Rick DiPietro like a dog after getting back from injury wasn’t in the plans. Go figure. (Source)
San Jose @ Phoenix – 4 p.m.
San Jose’s possible starter: Antti Niemi shapes up to be the starter in this one. Call it a hunch as he got the win against St. Louis the other night. UPDATE: Confirmed, Niemi gets the nod. (Source)
Phoenix’s possible starter: We’re thinking that Ilya Bryzgalov gets the start this afternoon.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55