Milestone watch: 1,300th point for Selanne, Marleau and Langenbrunner play 1,000th game of their careers
Jan 17, 2011, 8:36 PM EST
In the last two days, three players reached (or will reach) some nice career milestones.
Anaheim Ducks sniper Teemu Selanne reached the 1,300 point mark with a goal during the team’s 3-2 win against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. (Video of Selanne reaching that mark can be found at the bottom of this post.)
Meanwhile MLK day marks the 1,000th career regular season games for San Jose Sharks center Patrick Marleau and Dallas Stars winger Jamie Langenbrunner. Marleau scored in that game as the Sharks beat the Coyotes 4-2 while Langenbrunner is about to hit that mark by playing against the Los Angeles Kings.
Here’s video of Selanne scoring his 1,300th point.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11