Milestone watch: 1,300th point for Selanne, Marleau and Langenbrunner play 1,000th game of their careers
Jan 17, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
In the last two days, three players reached (or will reach) some nice career milestones.
Anaheim Ducks sniper Teemu Selanne reached the 1,300 point mark with a goal during the team’s 3-2 win against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. (Video of Selanne reaching that mark can be found at the bottom of this post.)
Meanwhile MLK day marks the 1,000th career regular season games for San Jose Sharks center Patrick Marleau and Dallas Stars winger Jamie Langenbrunner. Marleau scored in that game as the Sharks beat the Coyotes 4-2 while Langenbrunner is about to hit that mark by playing against the Los Angeles Kings.
Here’s video of Selanne scoring his 1,300th point.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 6
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 29
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41