Milestone watch: 1,300th point for Selanne, Marleau and Langenbrunner play 1,000th game of their careers
Jan 17, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
In the last two days, three players reached (or will reach) some nice career milestones.
Anaheim Ducks sniper Teemu Selanne reached the 1,300 point mark with a goal during the team’s 3-2 win against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. (Video of Selanne reaching that mark can be found at the bottom of this post.)
Meanwhile MLK day marks the 1,000th career regular season games for San Jose Sharks center Patrick Marleau and Dallas Stars winger Jamie Langenbrunner. Marleau scored in that game as the Sharks beat the Coyotes 4-2 while Langenbrunner is about to hit that mark by playing against the Los Angeles Kings.
Here’s video of Selanne scoring his 1,300th point.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)