Milestone watch: 1,300th point for Selanne, Marleau and Langenbrunner play 1,000th game of their careers
Jan 17, 2011, 8:36 PM EST
In the last two days, three players reached (or will reach) some nice career milestones.
Anaheim Ducks sniper Teemu Selanne reached the 1,300 point mark with a goal during the team’s 3-2 win against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. (Video of Selanne reaching that mark can be found at the bottom of this post.)
Meanwhile MLK day marks the 1,000th career regular season games for San Jose Sharks center Patrick Marleau and Dallas Stars winger Jamie Langenbrunner. Marleau scored in that game as the Sharks beat the Coyotes 4-2 while Langenbrunner is about to hit that mark by playing against the Los Angeles Kings.
Here’s video of Selanne scoring his 1,300th point.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28