Milestone watch: 1,300th point for Selanne, Marleau and Langenbrunner play 1,000th game of their careers
Jan 17, 2011, 8:36 PM EDT
In the last two days, three players reached (or will reach) some nice career milestones.
Anaheim Ducks sniper Teemu Selanne reached the 1,300 point mark with a goal during the team’s 3-2 win against the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday. (Video of Selanne reaching that mark can be found at the bottom of this post.)
Meanwhile MLK day marks the 1,000th career regular season games for San Jose Sharks center Patrick Marleau and Dallas Stars winger Jamie Langenbrunner. Marleau scored in that game as the Sharks beat the Coyotes 4-2 while Langenbrunner is about to hit that mark by playing against the Los Angeles Kings.
Here’s video of Selanne scoring his 1,300th point.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4