Jan 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers are playing the Atlanta Thrashers tonight without their captain Bryan McCabe, something they better get used to. That’s because McCabe is expected to miss four to six weeks after undergoing surgery on facial fractures Sunday.
McCabe’s been an asset for Florida since he joined the team in the 2008-09 season. He has five goals and 16 assists for 21 points in 43 games this season.
We’ll let you know if anything changes – whether he comes back sooner or later than expected – when word surfaces.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 10
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 23
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)