Jan 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers are playing the Atlanta Thrashers tonight without their captain Bryan McCabe, something they better get used to. That’s because McCabe is expected to miss four to six weeks after undergoing surgery on facial fractures Sunday.
McCabe’s been an asset for Florida since he joined the team in the 2008-09 season. He has five goals and 16 assists for 21 points in 43 games this season.
We’ll let you know if anything changes – whether he comes back sooner or later than expected – when word surfaces.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)