Jan 17, 2011, 7:26 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers are playing the Atlanta Thrashers tonight without their captain Bryan McCabe, something they better get used to. That’s because McCabe is expected to miss four to six weeks after undergoing surgery on facial fractures Sunday.
McCabe’s been an asset for Florida since he joined the team in the 2008-09 season. He has five goals and 16 assists for 21 points in 43 games this season.
We’ll let you know if anything changes – whether he comes back sooner or later than expected – when word surfaces.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)