Jan 17, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dave Bolland of the Blackhawks is a guy we haven’t heard much from since the Stanley Cup playoffs last year. Last night, however, he proved that Derrick Rose isn’t the only guy in Chicago capable of doing a killer crossover move at United Center in Chicago.
In the second period with the Blackhawks trailing 2-1 to Nashville, Tomas Kopecky hit Bolland on a quick streak up the middle through the neutral zone. Bolland skated in on Predators defenseman Ryan Suter and did a nifty crossover-like move that got Suter tied in knots and out of his way. Bolland then darted in on rookie goalie Anders Lindback and stuffed the puck through the five hole to tie the game at two. Chicago went on to roll to a 6-3 win and Bolland’s goal was the spark the team and the fans needed to get back into it. We’re pretty sure this one will already be a major contender for Goal of the Week.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)