Jan 17, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dave Bolland of the Blackhawks is a guy we haven’t heard much from since the Stanley Cup playoffs last year. Last night, however, he proved that Derrick Rose isn’t the only guy in Chicago capable of doing a killer crossover move at United Center in Chicago.
In the second period with the Blackhawks trailing 2-1 to Nashville, Tomas Kopecky hit Bolland on a quick streak up the middle through the neutral zone. Bolland skated in on Predators defenseman Ryan Suter and did a nifty crossover-like move that got Suter tied in knots and out of his way. Bolland then darted in on rookie goalie Anders Lindback and stuffed the puck through the five hole to tie the game at two. Chicago went on to roll to a 6-3 win and Bolland’s goal was the spark the team and the fans needed to get back into it. We’re pretty sure this one will already be a major contender for Goal of the Week.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)