Jan 17, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dave Bolland of the Blackhawks is a guy we haven’t heard much from since the Stanley Cup playoffs last year. Last night, however, he proved that Derrick Rose isn’t the only guy in Chicago capable of doing a killer crossover move at United Center in Chicago.
In the second period with the Blackhawks trailing 2-1 to Nashville, Tomas Kopecky hit Bolland on a quick streak up the middle through the neutral zone. Bolland skated in on Predators defenseman Ryan Suter and did a nifty crossover-like move that got Suter tied in knots and out of his way. Bolland then darted in on rookie goalie Anders Lindback and stuffed the puck through the five hole to tie the game at two. Chicago went on to roll to a 6-3 win and Bolland’s goal was the spark the team and the fans needed to get back into it. We’re pretty sure this one will already be a major contender for Goal of the Week.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)