Jan 17, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dave Bolland of the Blackhawks is a guy we haven’t heard much from since the Stanley Cup playoffs last year. Last night, however, he proved that Derrick Rose isn’t the only guy in Chicago capable of doing a killer crossover move at United Center in Chicago.
In the second period with the Blackhawks trailing 2-1 to Nashville, Tomas Kopecky hit Bolland on a quick streak up the middle through the neutral zone. Bolland skated in on Predators defenseman Ryan Suter and did a nifty crossover-like move that got Suter tied in knots and out of his way. Bolland then darted in on rookie goalie Anders Lindback and stuffed the puck through the five hole to tie the game at two. Chicago went on to roll to a 6-3 win and Bolland’s goal was the spark the team and the fans needed to get back into it. We’re pretty sure this one will already be a major contender for Goal of the Week.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 0
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2