Jan 17, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Dave Bolland of the Blackhawks is a guy we haven’t heard much from since the Stanley Cup playoffs last year. Last night, however, he proved that Derrick Rose isn’t the only guy in Chicago capable of doing a killer crossover move at United Center in Chicago.
In the second period with the Blackhawks trailing 2-1 to Nashville, Tomas Kopecky hit Bolland on a quick streak up the middle through the neutral zone. Bolland skated in on Predators defenseman Ryan Suter and did a nifty crossover-like move that got Suter tied in knots and out of his way. Bolland then darted in on rookie goalie Anders Lindback and stuffed the puck through the five hole to tie the game at two. Chicago went on to roll to a 6-3 win and Bolland’s goal was the spark the team and the fans needed to get back into it. We’re pretty sure this one will already be a major contender for Goal of the Week.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50