Jan 17, 2011, 4:43 PM EST
The Flyers have been playing some fantastic hockey of late and now they’re that much closer to getting a key player back in the lineup. Defenseman Chris Pronger is practicing hard with the team this week and is improving quickly. His improvement has gotten so good of late that it’s possible he’ll suit up for Philly on Thursday night against Ottawa.
Pronger won’t be available for their game tomorrow night against Washington, but after visiting with the doctors on Wednesday, that’ll determine whether he’s able to go on Thursday. If he’s not ready by then, the weekend awaits with a game at home against New Jersey on Saturday and NBC’s Game of the Week on Sunday in a Stanley Cup rematch in Chicago against the Blackhawks.
With Pronger out, the Flyers have gotten defensive replacement action from both Oskars Bartulis and Matt Walker. Pronger being out of the lineup since mid-December has done little to slow them down as they’re atop the Eastern Conference with 63 points. With Pronger back in the lineup, however, expect goalies Brian Boucher and Sergei Bobrovsky to be the benefactors of his presence.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)