Jan 16, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
6:00 pm ET game
Vancouver @ Minnesota
Likely Vancouver starter: Cory Schneider (Source.)
Likely Minnesota starter: Anton Khudobin (Source.)
7:00 pm ET games
Philadelphia @ NY Rangers
Likely Philadelphia starter: Sergei Bobrovsky – Not a sure thing, although I guess none of these are. (Source.)
Likely NY Rangers starter: Henrik Lundqvist - He played yesterday, but there’s still a good chance it will be him.
Nashville @ Chicago
Likely Nashville starter: Anders Lindback – Pekka Rinne played last night, but it’s still a coin flip.
Likely Chicago starter: Marty Turco – Another guess based on the fact that Corey Crawford played Saturday.
8:00 pm ET game
Edmonton @ Anaheim
Likely Edmonton starter: Nikolai Khabibulin – Devan Dubynk played Saturday … you know the drill.
Likely Anaheim starter: Jonas Hiller – One of the few goalies (along with Lunqvist) whom you can assume will play his fair share of back-to-back games.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)