Jan 16, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
6:00 pm ET game
Vancouver @ Minnesota
Likely Vancouver starter: Cory Schneider (Source.)
Likely Minnesota starter: Anton Khudobin (Source.)
7:00 pm ET games
Philadelphia @ NY Rangers
Likely Philadelphia starter: Sergei Bobrovsky – Not a sure thing, although I guess none of these are. (Source.)
Likely NY Rangers starter: Henrik Lundqvist – He played yesterday, but there’s still a good chance it will be him.
Nashville @ Chicago
Likely Nashville starter: Anders Lindback – Pekka Rinne played last night, but it’s still a coin flip.
Likely Chicago starter: Marty Turco – Another guess based on the fact that Corey Crawford played Saturday.
8:00 pm ET game
Edmonton @ Anaheim
Likely Edmonton starter: Nikolai Khabibulin – Devan Dubynk played Saturday … you know the drill.
Likely Anaheim starter: Jonas Hiller – One of the few goalies (along with Lunqvist) whom you can assume will play his fair share of back-to-back games.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 47
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 24
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)