Jan 16, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
6:00 pm ET game
Vancouver @ Minnesota
Likely Vancouver starter: Cory Schneider (Source.)
Likely Minnesota starter: Anton Khudobin (Source.)
7:00 pm ET games
Philadelphia @ NY Rangers
Likely Philadelphia starter: Sergei Bobrovsky – Not a sure thing, although I guess none of these are. (Source.)
Likely NY Rangers starter: Henrik Lundqvist - He played yesterday, but there’s still a good chance it will be him.
Nashville @ Chicago
Likely Nashville starter: Anders Lindback – Pekka Rinne played last night, but it’s still a coin flip.
Likely Chicago starter: Marty Turco – Another guess based on the fact that Corey Crawford played Saturday.
8:00 pm ET game
Edmonton @ Anaheim
Likely Edmonton starter: Nikolai Khabibulin – Devan Dubynk played Saturday … you know the drill.
Likely Anaheim starter: Jonas Hiller – One of the few goalies (along with Lunqvist) whom you can assume will play his fair share of back-to-back games.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)