Jan 16, 2011, 2:09 AM EST
It was still a disastrous eight-game homestand for the Kings, but at least they ended it on a nice note. Beating the Oilers improved their record to 2-6, meaning that they earned four out of a possible 16 points.
Jarret Stoll was the biggest difference maker for Los Angeles in this game, as he scored the game winner as well as an empty-netter to help them earn a much-needed win.
The game didn’t provide a lot of fireworks, as Jonathan Bernier only needed to make 24 saves while Devan Dubnyk allowed four goals on 22 shots.
Speaking of much-needed wins, the Sharks won their first game after dropping six in a row by beating the Blues. Better yet, struggling star Dany Heatley shined the brightest, with two goals including the winning tally while Joe Thornton also performed well, with a goal and an assist.
Antti Niemi made 28 stops for the win, while Jaroslav Halak made 25 out of 29 saves.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)