Jan 16, 2011, 2:09 AM EDT
It was still a disastrous eight-game homestand for the Kings, but at least they ended it on a nice note. Beating the Oilers improved their record to 2-6, meaning that they earned four out of a possible 16 points.
Jarret Stoll was the biggest difference maker for Los Angeles in this game, as he scored the game winner as well as an empty-netter to help them earn a much-needed win.
The game didn’t provide a lot of fireworks, as Jonathan Bernier only needed to make 24 saves while Devan Dubnyk allowed four goals on 22 shots.
Speaking of much-needed wins, the Sharks won their first game after dropping six in a row by beating the Blues. Better yet, struggling star Dany Heatley shined the brightest, with two goals including the winning tally while Joe Thornton also performed well, with a goal and an assist.
Antti Niemi made 28 stops for the win, while Jaroslav Halak made 25 out of 29 saves.
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 2
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 2
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 21
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 6
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 37
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 90
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (90)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators