Jan 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you handed out an award for the best collective effort of the night for a goal scorer, John Tavares would have been tonight’s winner thanks to his natural hat trick. (In fact, as you will see in a bit, he had a chance for more.)
This is an award for the best/most exhilarating goal of the night instead, though, and that goes to a great bit of passing by the Dallas Stars. In case you were wondering if Brad Richards get to skate with talented players, this goal puts his fantastic linemates on display. James Neal and Loui Eriksson connected on a spellbinding give and go play for Saturday’s best. The two raced down the ice on an oddman rush in which Neal hopped over Atlanta Thrashers defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, passed to Eriksson and then tapped in a one-timer once Eriksson sent it back to him. Ondrej Pavelec really had no chance to stop them.
It’s a joy to watch, as you can see from the video below.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)