Jan 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you handed out an award for the best collective effort of the night for a goal scorer, John Tavares would have been tonight’s winner thanks to his natural hat trick. (In fact, as you will see in a bit, he had a chance for more.)
This is an award for the best/most exhilarating goal of the night instead, though, and that goes to a great bit of passing by the Dallas Stars. In case you were wondering if Brad Richards get to skate with talented players, this goal puts his fantastic linemates on display. James Neal and Loui Eriksson connected on a spellbinding give and go play for Saturday’s best. The two raced down the ice on an oddman rush in which Neal hopped over Atlanta Thrashers defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, passed to Eriksson and then tapped in a one-timer once Eriksson sent it back to him. Ondrej Pavelec really had no chance to stop them.
It’s a joy to watch, as you can see from the video below.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 0
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 7
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 39
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)