Jan 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Just about every morning, we share our picks for the best goal and save of the previous night. We’ll unveil those later as usual, but Saturday’s 12-game slate of action provided some other video clips that are absolutely worth your time.
The first clip below captures New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist snapping like Bob Backlund on Montreal Canadiens forward/troublemaker Max Pacioretty. The outburst drew a roughing penalty, but Rangers coach John Tortorella said that he loved the emotion the normally stoic Swedish stopper showed.
The second and third clips feature some fearsome hits by two of the league’s most promising young defensemen. Oddly enough, both Drew Doughty (second video) and P.K. Subban (third video) faced their fair share of struggles so far this season. Perhaps they exorcised those demons against their victims last night, as Doughty really walloped Taylor Hall while Subban clobbered Derek Stepan.
Doughty decks Hall:
Subban checks Stepan:
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 25
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)