Jan 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Just about every morning, we share our picks for the best goal and save of the previous night. We’ll unveil those later as usual, but Saturday’s 12-game slate of action provided some other video clips that are absolutely worth your time.
The first clip below captures New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist snapping like Bob Backlund on Montreal Canadiens forward/troublemaker Max Pacioretty. The outburst drew a roughing penalty, but Rangers coach John Tortorella said that he loved the emotion the normally stoic Swedish stopper showed.
The second and third clips feature some fearsome hits by two of the league’s most promising young defensemen. Oddly enough, both Drew Doughty (second video) and P.K. Subban (third video) faced their fair share of struggles so far this season. Perhaps they exorcised those demons against their victims last night, as Doughty really walloped Taylor Hall while Subban clobbered Derek Stepan.
Doughty decks Hall:
Subban checks Stepan:
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 9
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 11
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 7
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)