Jan 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Just about every morning, we share our picks for the best goal and save of the previous night. We’ll unveil those later as usual, but Saturday’s 12-game slate of action provided some other video clips that are absolutely worth your time.
The first clip below captures New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist snapping like Bob Backlund on Montreal Canadiens forward/troublemaker Max Pacioretty. The outburst drew a roughing penalty, but Rangers coach John Tortorella said that he loved the emotion the normally stoic Swedish stopper showed.
The second and third clips feature some fearsome hits by two of the league’s most promising young defensemen. Oddly enough, both Drew Doughty (second video) and P.K. Subban (third video) faced their fair share of struggles so far this season. Perhaps they exorcised those demons against their victims last night, as Doughty really walloped Taylor Hall while Subban clobbered Derek Stepan.
Doughty decks Hall:
Subban checks Stepan:
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)