Jan 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Just about every morning, we share our picks for the best goal and save of the previous night. We’ll unveil those later as usual, but Saturday’s 12-game slate of action provided some other video clips that are absolutely worth your time.
The first clip below captures New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist snapping like Bob Backlund on Montreal Canadiens forward/troublemaker Max Pacioretty. The outburst drew a roughing penalty, but Rangers coach John Tortorella said that he loved the emotion the normally stoic Swedish stopper showed.
The second and third clips feature some fearsome hits by two of the league’s most promising young defensemen. Oddly enough, both Drew Doughty (second video) and P.K. Subban (third video) faced their fair share of struggles so far this season. Perhaps they exorcised those demons against their victims last night, as Doughty really walloped Taylor Hall while Subban clobbered Derek Stepan.
Doughty decks Hall:
Subban checks Stepan:
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)