Jan 15, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Most of the time, hockey players worry about the opposition leaving them injured. Yet considering the chaos and speed inherent to the game, it’s not that shocking that teammates accidentally hurt each other from time to time as well.
It happened at least twice tonight so far, as Chris Thorburn accidentally hit Atlanta Thrashers goalie Chris Mason and also in today’s early afternoon game, as Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara’s high stick broke the nose of teammate Steven Kampfer.
ESPN Boston’s Joe McDonald reports that although Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis received a four-minute double-minor penalty during the play, it actually might have been big Chara’s stick that did the damage.
Kampfer is far from a marquee player for the Bruins, but he’s been a solid addition with four goals and two assists for six points in 18 games since being called up from the minors on December 8th.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17