Jan 15, 2011, 10:05 PM EST
Most of the time, hockey players worry about the opposition leaving them injured. Yet considering the chaos and speed inherent to the game, it’s not that shocking that teammates accidentally hurt each other from time to time as well.
It happened at least twice tonight so far, as Chris Thorburn accidentally hit Atlanta Thrashers goalie Chris Mason and also in today’s early afternoon game, as Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara’s high stick broke the nose of teammate Steven Kampfer.
ESPN Boston’s Joe McDonald reports that although Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis received a four-minute double-minor penalty during the play, it actually might have been big Chara’s stick that did the damage.
Kampfer is far from a marquee player for the Bruins, but he’s been a solid addition with four goals and two assists for six points in 18 games since being called up from the minors on December 8th.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 0
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)