Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Last night, Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly lost an edge skating after the puck near the side boards with Wild forward Matt Cullen during the second period of the Avalanche’s 4-1 win over the Wild in Minnesota. O’Reilly fell awkwardly into the boards and was on the ice seemingly motionless for a few minutes before being taken away on a stretcher. He was brought to a St. Paul area hospital for observation but was apparently doing well enough to be allowed to fly back to Denver with the team.
We showed you a photo of what his tumble looked like with our earlier post reporting on O’Reilly’s crash, but we’ve got video of it to share with you now. It’s safe to say we can say O’Reilly is fortunate to be out of the hospital and back with his teammates already after such a terrible spill. It’s unknown what O’Reilly’s injury is but with him being released it’s great to see it wasn’t something more damaging as this could’ve turned out very badly.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20