Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Last night, Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly lost an edge skating after the puck near the side boards with Wild forward Matt Cullen during the second period of the Avalanche’s 4-1 win over the Wild in Minnesota. O’Reilly fell awkwardly into the boards and was on the ice seemingly motionless for a few minutes before being taken away on a stretcher. He was brought to a St. Paul area hospital for observation but was apparently doing well enough to be allowed to fly back to Denver with the team.
We showed you a photo of what his tumble looked like with our earlier post reporting on O’Reilly’s crash, but we’ve got video of it to share with you now. It’s safe to say we can say O’Reilly is fortunate to be out of the hospital and back with his teammates already after such a terrible spill. It’s unknown what O’Reilly’s injury is but with him being released it’s great to see it wasn’t something more damaging as this could’ve turned out very badly.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11