Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Last night, Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly lost an edge skating after the puck near the side boards with Wild forward Matt Cullen during the second period of the Avalanche’s 4-1 win over the Wild in Minnesota. O’Reilly fell awkwardly into the boards and was on the ice seemingly motionless for a few minutes before being taken away on a stretcher. He was brought to a St. Paul area hospital for observation but was apparently doing well enough to be allowed to fly back to Denver with the team.
We showed you a photo of what his tumble looked like with our earlier post reporting on O’Reilly’s crash, but we’ve got video of it to share with you now. It’s safe to say we can say O’Reilly is fortunate to be out of the hospital and back with his teammates already after such a terrible spill. It’s unknown what O’Reilly’s injury is but with him being released it’s great to see it wasn’t something more damaging as this could’ve turned out very badly.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 17
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46