Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Last night, Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly lost an edge skating after the puck near the side boards with Wild forward Matt Cullen during the second period of the Avalanche’s 4-1 win over the Wild in Minnesota. O’Reilly fell awkwardly into the boards and was on the ice seemingly motionless for a few minutes before being taken away on a stretcher. He was brought to a St. Paul area hospital for observation but was apparently doing well enough to be allowed to fly back to Denver with the team.
We showed you a photo of what his tumble looked like with our earlier post reporting on O’Reilly’s crash, but we’ve got video of it to share with you now. It’s safe to say we can say O’Reilly is fortunate to be out of the hospital and back with his teammates already after such a terrible spill. It’s unknown what O’Reilly’s injury is but with him being released it’s great to see it wasn’t something more damaging as this could’ve turned out very badly.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5