Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Last night, Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly lost an edge skating after the puck near the side boards with Wild forward Matt Cullen during the second period of the Avalanche’s 4-1 win over the Wild in Minnesota. O’Reilly fell awkwardly into the boards and was on the ice seemingly motionless for a few minutes before being taken away on a stretcher. He was brought to a St. Paul area hospital for observation but was apparently doing well enough to be allowed to fly back to Denver with the team.
We showed you a photo of what his tumble looked like with our earlier post reporting on O’Reilly’s crash, but we’ve got video of it to share with you now. It’s safe to say we can say O’Reilly is fortunate to be out of the hospital and back with his teammates already after such a terrible spill. It’s unknown what O’Reilly’s injury is but with him being released it’s great to see it wasn’t something more damaging as this could’ve turned out very badly.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54