Jan 15, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Brooks Laich recently attributed the lack of consistent offensive success in Washington to bad luck. That might be true in some cases, but when Roberto Luongo is the man in goal, sometimes it’s just a better goalie that gets in the way.
Nicklas Backstrom was able to find out first hand why Luongo is so tough as he set the tone early that the Capitals would have a long night stoning the Swede on a breakaway in the first period. The Canucks would go on to beat Washington 4-2 as Luongo would stand tall making 25 saves on the night.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14