Jan 15, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Brooks Laich recently attributed the lack of consistent offensive success in Washington to bad luck. That might be true in some cases, but when Roberto Luongo is the man in goal, sometimes it’s just a better goalie that gets in the way.
Nicklas Backstrom was able to find out first hand why Luongo is so tough as he set the tone early that the Capitals would have a long night stoning the Swede on a breakaway in the first period. The Canucks would go on to beat Washington 4-2 as Luongo would stand tall making 25 saves on the night.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2