Jan 15, 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
There’s good news of sorts this afternoon for Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly.
Last night, O’Reilly took a terrible head-first spill into the boards against the Wild in Minnesota. O’Reilly was on the ice for a few minutes being tended to by trainers before being removed on a stretcher. (Video) After a short visit to the hospital, O’Reilly was allowed to head back to Denver with his teammates.
Today, the diagnosis is out for what O’Reilly’s ailment is and luckily for him, it’s not a head or neck injury. Instead, it’s an injured left shoulder as Adrian Dater of The Denver Post shares. The severity of his injury is still not known, but with a fall like that either a shoulder separation or dislocation is possible.
The Avalanche have had their issues already this season with shoulder injuries as defenseman Kyle Quincey is out for the year with one. All that aside, it’s safe to say we’re happy to hear that O’Reilly’s injury isn’t any worse than it is right now as taking a spill the way he did into the boards is terrifying and dangerous.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)