Jan 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While the Lightning had a mostly forgettable game, Martin St. Louis gave the home fans in Tampa Bay something to talk about in the third period of their 5-2 loss to the lowly Devils.
St. Louis got a headman pass to get free behind the Devils defense. While the Devils did their best to trip up and hook St. Louis leading to a delayed call and possibly a penalty shot, St. Louis was able to make like Chong-Li in the movie Bloodsport and turn his back on Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and snipe a shot past the future hall of famer to cut the Devils lead to 4-2.
We’ve seen St. Louis do this kind of thing before during a shootout, but pulling it off in the rush of the game is something else entirely Embrace the wild elegance of this incredible goal.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 4
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 23
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)