Jan 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While the Lightning had a mostly forgettable game, Martin St. Louis gave the home fans in Tampa Bay something to talk about in the third period of their 5-2 loss to the lowly Devils.
St. Louis got a headman pass to get free behind the Devils defense. While the Devils did their best to trip up and hook St. Louis leading to a delayed call and possibly a penalty shot, St. Louis was able to make like Chong-Li in the movie Bloodsport and turn his back on Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and snipe a shot past the future hall of famer to cut the Devils lead to 4-2.
We’ve seen St. Louis do this kind of thing before during a shootout, but pulling it off in the rush of the game is something else entirely Embrace the wild elegance of this incredible goal.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 7
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54