Jan 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While the Lightning had a mostly forgettable game, Martin St. Louis gave the home fans in Tampa Bay something to talk about in the third period of their 5-2 loss to the lowly Devils.
St. Louis got a headman pass to get free behind the Devils defense. While the Devils did their best to trip up and hook St. Louis leading to a delayed call and possibly a penalty shot, St. Louis was able to make like Chong-Li in the movie Bloodsport and turn his back on Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and snipe a shot past the future hall of famer to cut the Devils lead to 4-2.
We’ve seen St. Louis do this kind of thing before during a shootout, but pulling it off in the rush of the game is something else entirely Embrace the wild elegance of this incredible goal.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8