Jan 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While the Lightning had a mostly forgettable game, Martin St. Louis gave the home fans in Tampa Bay something to talk about in the third period of their 5-2 loss to the lowly Devils.
St. Louis got a headman pass to get free behind the Devils defense. While the Devils did their best to trip up and hook St. Louis leading to a delayed call and possibly a penalty shot, St. Louis was able to make like Chong-Li in the movie Bloodsport and turn his back on Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and snipe a shot past the future hall of famer to cut the Devils lead to 4-2.
We’ve seen St. Louis do this kind of thing before during a shootout, but pulling it off in the rush of the game is something else entirely Embrace the wild elegance of this incredible goal.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8