Jan 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While the Lightning had a mostly forgettable game, Martin St. Louis gave the home fans in Tampa Bay something to talk about in the third period of their 5-2 loss to the lowly Devils.
St. Louis got a headman pass to get free behind the Devils defense. While the Devils did their best to trip up and hook St. Louis leading to a delayed call and possibly a penalty shot, St. Louis was able to make like Chong-Li in the movie Bloodsport and turn his back on Devils goalie Martin Brodeur and snipe a shot past the future hall of famer to cut the Devils lead to 4-2.
We’ve seen St. Louis do this kind of thing before during a shootout, but pulling it off in the rush of the game is something else entirely Embrace the wild elegance of this incredible goal.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 11
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)