Jan 15, 2011, 9:50 PM EDT
No word yet on how severe the injury might be, but Atlanta Thrashers goalie Chris Mason left today’s game against the Dallas Stars with a “lower body injury” according to the Associated Press.
Mason suffered the injury after teammate Chris Thorburn hit him on accident as he was trying to block a shot. Number one goalie Ondrej Pavelec replaced Mason for the game, which the Stars currently lead 3-1.
His stats have been pretty bad this season (7-7-2 with an ugly 89.1 save percentage and abysmal 3.81 GAA), but Mason’s experience is valuable considering the fact that the Pavelec hasn’t ever carried a big workload in the NHL. If Mason’s injury is serious and the Thrashers aren’t confident in the goalies in their system, there could be even more pressure on Pavelec.
We’ll let you know how badly Mason is hurt when the Thrashers provide more details.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 0
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)