Jan 15, 2011, 12:47 PM EST
It turns out that David Steckel isn’t just dangerous to be around for opponents but teammates as well. Steckel made a name for himself after colliding with Sidney Crosby during the Winter Classic and possibly contributing to his concussion. Now it’s another famous face from the Winter Classic suffering after running into Steckel and this time it’s his own teammate.
Caps forward Eric Fehr will be out 3-4 weeks with what appears to be a shoulder injury after colliding with David Steckel in last night’s 4-2 loss to Vancouver. Fehr left last night’s game after the collision and did not return. Today, his arm was in a sling and the Caps will be making a call to Hershey to fill his place in the lineup.
Fehr’s been playing well of late and used his two-goal performance in the Winter Classic as a spark. This season, the power forward has eight goals and nine assists. With guys like Alex Semin on the shelf and Alex Ovechkin struggling to fill the net with goals, blue collar guys like Fehr and Matt Hendricks have had to play over their heads to contribute offensively. As for who might get the call from the AHL, Andrew Gordon seems like a likely candidate to take Fehr’s place on the roster.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)