Jan 15, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
It turns out that David Steckel isn’t just dangerous to be around for opponents but teammates as well. Steckel made a name for himself after colliding with Sidney Crosby during the Winter Classic and possibly contributing to his concussion. Now it’s another famous face from the Winter Classic suffering after running into Steckel and this time it’s his own teammate.
Caps forward Eric Fehr will be out 3-4 weeks with what appears to be a shoulder injury after colliding with David Steckel in last night’s 4-2 loss to Vancouver. Fehr left last night’s game after the collision and did not return. Today, his arm was in a sling and the Caps will be making a call to Hershey to fill his place in the lineup.
Fehr’s been playing well of late and used his two-goal performance in the Winter Classic as a spark. This season, the power forward has eight goals and nine assists. With guys like Alex Semin on the shelf and Alex Ovechkin struggling to fill the net with goals, blue collar guys like Fehr and Matt Hendricks have had to play over their heads to contribute offensively. As for who might get the call from the AHL, Andrew Gordon seems like a likely candidate to take Fehr’s place on the roster.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 0
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 47
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 39
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)