Jan 15, 2011, 12:47 PM EST
It turns out that David Steckel isn’t just dangerous to be around for opponents but teammates as well. Steckel made a name for himself after colliding with Sidney Crosby during the Winter Classic and possibly contributing to his concussion. Now it’s another famous face from the Winter Classic suffering after running into Steckel and this time it’s his own teammate.
Caps forward Eric Fehr will be out 3-4 weeks with what appears to be a shoulder injury after colliding with David Steckel in last night’s 4-2 loss to Vancouver. Fehr left last night’s game after the collision and did not return. Today, his arm was in a sling and the Caps will be making a call to Hershey to fill his place in the lineup.
Fehr’s been playing well of late and used his two-goal performance in the Winter Classic as a spark. This season, the power forward has eight goals and nine assists. With guys like Alex Semin on the shelf and Alex Ovechkin struggling to fill the net with goals, blue collar guys like Fehr and Matt Hendricks have had to play over their heads to contribute offensively. As for who might get the call from the AHL, Andrew Gordon seems like a likely candidate to take Fehr’s place on the roster.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)