Jan 15, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
It turns out that David Steckel isn’t just dangerous to be around for opponents but teammates as well. Steckel made a name for himself after colliding with Sidney Crosby during the Winter Classic and possibly contributing to his concussion. Now it’s another famous face from the Winter Classic suffering after running into Steckel and this time it’s his own teammate.
Caps forward Eric Fehr will be out 3-4 weeks with what appears to be a shoulder injury after colliding with David Steckel in last night’s 4-2 loss to Vancouver. Fehr left last night’s game after the collision and did not return. Today, his arm was in a sling and the Caps will be making a call to Hershey to fill his place in the lineup.
Fehr’s been playing well of late and used his two-goal performance in the Winter Classic as a spark. This season, the power forward has eight goals and nine assists. With guys like Alex Semin on the shelf and Alex Ovechkin struggling to fill the net with goals, blue collar guys like Fehr and Matt Hendricks have had to play over their heads to contribute offensively. As for who might get the call from the AHL, Andrew Gordon seems like a likely candidate to take Fehr’s place on the roster.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)