Jan 15, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
It turns out that David Steckel isn’t just dangerous to be around for opponents but teammates as well. Steckel made a name for himself after colliding with Sidney Crosby during the Winter Classic and possibly contributing to his concussion. Now it’s another famous face from the Winter Classic suffering after running into Steckel and this time it’s his own teammate.
Caps forward Eric Fehr will be out 3-4 weeks with what appears to be a shoulder injury after colliding with David Steckel in last night’s 4-2 loss to Vancouver. Fehr left last night’s game after the collision and did not return. Today, his arm was in a sling and the Caps will be making a call to Hershey to fill his place in the lineup.
Fehr’s been playing well of late and used his two-goal performance in the Winter Classic as a spark. This season, the power forward has eight goals and nine assists. With guys like Alex Semin on the shelf and Alex Ovechkin struggling to fill the net with goals, blue collar guys like Fehr and Matt Hendricks have had to play over their heads to contribute offensively. As for who might get the call from the AHL, Andrew Gordon seems like a likely candidate to take Fehr’s place on the roster.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)