Jan 14, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
If you had this weekend penciled in as a possibility for the return of Sidney Crosby, think again.
The Penguins captain will miss his fifth straight game with a concussion in Boston tomorrow afternoon. With tomorrow’s game being a no-go, Crosby’s next shot to play will be on Tuesday night at home against Detroit. Anything can happen in a few days, but as of now, Crosby isn’t even skating with the team or participating in practices.
Crosby, if you haven’t been keeping up, was injured after a hit by Victor Hedman of Tampa Bay. Crosby also suffered a shot to the head in a collision with David Steckel during the Winter Classic. The Penguins are handling the situation as best as they can but in Crosby’s absence, the team is 1-2-1 earning their first win against Montreal the other night.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62