Jan 14, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
If you had this weekend penciled in as a possibility for the return of Sidney Crosby, think again.
The Penguins captain will miss his fifth straight game with a concussion in Boston tomorrow afternoon. With tomorrow’s game being a no-go, Crosby’s next shot to play will be on Tuesday night at home against Detroit. Anything can happen in a few days, but as of now, Crosby isn’t even skating with the team or participating in practices.
Crosby, if you haven’t been keeping up, was injured after a hit by Victor Hedman of Tampa Bay. Crosby also suffered a shot to the head in a collision with David Steckel during the Winter Classic. The Penguins are handling the situation as best as they can but in Crosby’s absence, the team is 1-2-1 earning their first win against Montreal the other night.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)