Jan 14, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
If you had this weekend penciled in as a possibility for the return of Sidney Crosby, think again.
The Penguins captain will miss his fifth straight game with a concussion in Boston tomorrow afternoon. With tomorrow’s game being a no-go, Crosby’s next shot to play will be on Tuesday night at home against Detroit. Anything can happen in a few days, but as of now, Crosby isn’t even skating with the team or participating in practices.
Crosby, if you haven’t been keeping up, was injured after a hit by Victor Hedman of Tampa Bay. Crosby also suffered a shot to the head in a collision with David Steckel during the Winter Classic. The Penguins are handling the situation as best as they can but in Crosby’s absence, the team is 1-2-1 earning their first win against Montreal the other night.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)