Jan 14, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
If you had this weekend penciled in as a possibility for the return of Sidney Crosby, think again.
The Penguins captain will miss his fifth straight game with a concussion in Boston tomorrow afternoon. With tomorrow’s game being a no-go, Crosby’s next shot to play will be on Tuesday night at home against Detroit. Anything can happen in a few days, but as of now, Crosby isn’t even skating with the team or participating in practices.
Crosby, if you haven’t been keeping up, was injured after a hit by Victor Hedman of Tampa Bay. Crosby also suffered a shot to the head in a collision with David Steckel during the Winter Classic. The Penguins are handling the situation as best as they can but in Crosby’s absence, the team is 1-2-1 earning their first win against Montreal the other night.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 0
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 11
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 27
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (151)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)