Jan 14, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
If you had this weekend penciled in as a possibility for the return of Sidney Crosby, think again.
The Penguins captain will miss his fifth straight game with a concussion in Boston tomorrow afternoon. With tomorrow’s game being a no-go, Crosby’s next shot to play will be on Tuesday night at home against Detroit. Anything can happen in a few days, but as of now, Crosby isn’t even skating with the team or participating in practices.
Crosby, if you haven’t been keeping up, was injured after a hit by Victor Hedman of Tampa Bay. Crosby also suffered a shot to the head in a collision with David Steckel during the Winter Classic. The Penguins are handling the situation as best as they can but in Crosby’s absence, the team is 1-2-1 earning their first win against Montreal the other night.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)