Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Last night, Tampa Bay Lightning forward Sean Bergenheim used a baseball-like swing to display his impressive hand-eye coordination (and most importantly, score) thus helping his team to win and earn himself the goal of the night.
Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Hartnell‘s great effort wasn’t enough to secure his team a win against the Boston Bruins in an Eastern Conference showdown, but he did give them a lead. You won’t see many instances when a forward scores a goal from the severe type of angle Hartnell did for the January 13th goal of the night.
Hartnell brings an interesting mixture of grit and skill (he already managed a Gordie Howe hat trick this week), the latter of which is on display in this video.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)