Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Last night, Tampa Bay Lightning forward Sean Bergenheim used a baseball-like swing to display his impressive hand-eye coordination (and most importantly, score) thus helping his team to win and earn himself the goal of the night.
Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Hartnell‘s great effort wasn’t enough to secure his team a win against the Boston Bruins in an Eastern Conference showdown, but he did give them a lead. You won’t see many instances when a forward scores a goal from the severe type of angle Hartnell did for the January 13th goal of the night.
Hartnell brings an interesting mixture of grit and skill (he already managed a Gordie Howe hat trick this week), the latter of which is on display in this video.
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2