Jan 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While Marc-Andre Fleury was busy beating the Canadiens last night and doing a bit of showing off after the fact, he had to put in a bit of work to make it all pan out in the end of course. These are the tasks of being a goalie in the NHL after all. Fleury was able to keep the Habs off the board enough while the Penguins were busy filling the net with four power play goals on the way to a 5-2 win.
One such stop Fleury had to make came off the stick of Scott Gomez. With the score knotted at 2-2 in the second period, Gomez had a glorious opportunity off a cross-ice pass that Fleury tracked swiftly from post to post to make the stop. Perhaps Fleury can do all the posing he wants to as long as he’s making stops like this to win games.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8