Jan 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While Marc-Andre Fleury was busy beating the Canadiens last night and doing a bit of showing off after the fact, he had to put in a bit of work to make it all pan out in the end of course. These are the tasks of being a goalie in the NHL after all. Fleury was able to keep the Habs off the board enough while the Penguins were busy filling the net with four power play goals on the way to a 5-2 win.
One such stop Fleury had to make came off the stick of Scott Gomez. With the score knotted at 2-2 in the second period, Gomez had a glorious opportunity off a cross-ice pass that Fleury tracked swiftly from post to post to make the stop. Perhaps Fleury can do all the posing he wants to as long as he’s making stops like this to win games.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 17
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46