Jan 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While Marc-Andre Fleury was busy beating the Canadiens last night and doing a bit of showing off after the fact, he had to put in a bit of work to make it all pan out in the end of course. These are the tasks of being a goalie in the NHL after all. Fleury was able to keep the Habs off the board enough while the Penguins were busy filling the net with four power play goals on the way to a 5-2 win.
One such stop Fleury had to make came off the stick of Scott Gomez. With the score knotted at 2-2 in the second period, Gomez had a glorious opportunity off a cross-ice pass that Fleury tracked swiftly from post to post to make the stop. Perhaps Fleury can do all the posing he wants to as long as he’s making stops like this to win games.
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 0
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23