Jan 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We’re not about to try and steal thunder away from our friends at HardballTalk but apparently Tampa Bay’s Sean Bergenheim is looking to audition to make his own appearance over there. During the Lightning’s 3-0 win over the Capitals, Bergenheim was able to score a goal in one of the more unique ways you can.
With the Lightning already ahead 1-0 in the first period, a flurry of play in front of Semyon Varlamov’s net saw the puck hopping all over the place. Victor Hedman received a pass from Steve Downie at the top of the zone and let a rip of a shot go from the blue line. Varlamov was able to make the initial save, popping the puck up in the air.
Bergenheim was perched near the front of the net and took the time and space that he had to knock the puck out of midair and into the net to make it 2-0. With a connection like that, we’re thinking that perhaps the Tampa Bay Rays might want to ask and see if Bergenheim is up to anything this summer, we hear they might need an extra bat or two in the lineup.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)