Jan 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We’re not about to try and steal thunder away from our friends at HardballTalk but apparently Tampa Bay’s Sean Bergenheim is looking to audition to make his own appearance over there. During the Lightning’s 3-0 win over the Capitals, Bergenheim was able to score a goal in one of the more unique ways you can.
With the Lightning already ahead 1-0 in the first period, a flurry of play in front of Semyon Varlamov’s net saw the puck hopping all over the place. Victor Hedman received a pass from Steve Downie at the top of the zone and let a rip of a shot go from the blue line. Varlamov was able to make the initial save, popping the puck up in the air.
Bergenheim was perched near the front of the net and took the time and space that he had to knock the puck out of midair and into the net to make it 2-0. With a connection like that, we’re thinking that perhaps the Tampa Bay Rays might want to ask and see if Bergenheim is up to anything this summer, we hear they might need an extra bat or two in the lineup.
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 16
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 24
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)