Jan 13, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
While the Colorado Avalanche certainly might not need the added offense, they’re not about to turn down help when it comes to them. This season’s breakout sensation, power forward Chris Stewart, is apparently ready to come back after breaking his hand in a fight weeks ago.
Adrian Dater of The Denver Post tweets that Stewart skated on a line in practice today with Paul Stastny and David Jones and that he’ll be in the lineup tomorrow night against Minnesota. Also rejoining the Avs lineup is physical forward Cody McLeod. To make room on the roster for Stewart, the Avs waived forward Greg Mauldin.
Before Stewart was hurt, he had 11 goals and 14 assists through 23 games, so his return to the lineup will be welcomed while his presence was certainly missed. That said, the Avs problems of late haven’t had anything to do with their offense as they’ve been continuing to play well, but rather with the team’s defense. The hope is that with two starters returning to the forward lineup that perhaps pressure will be eased on a defensive unit and goaltending that’s been more than suspect of late.
Either that or the Avs will continue with the plan of outscoring everyone and hoping it all holds together.
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 3
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 21
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 12
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 73
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (87)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)