Jan 13, 2011, 10:16 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues have been so banged up this season, it’s tough to resist the urge to call them the “Black & Blues.” (As regrettable as that pun might be.)
That desperate situation will be highlighted tonight. Original reports indicated that the Blues were facing the possibility of only skating five defensemen against the Kings, but Darren Pang said that hurting captain Eric Brewer “looks good to go” for the game.
St. Louis originally found themselves in that potential bind because Brewer was hurt during a fight while Carlo Colaiacovo is expected to miss the game after getting hit in the face by a puck. Forward Alex Steen actually spent some time on defense in last night’s game because of the injuries.
Although the team will play a traditional group of six against the Kings, it wouldn’t be surprising if they struggle a bit. Considering the fact that defense is normally the team’s strong point, St. Louis might continue to struggle.
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 4
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 24
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 52
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 11
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Predators humiliate Leafs with 9-2 victory 34
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)