Jan 13, 2011, 10:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have been so banged up this season, it’s tough to resist the urge to call them the “Black & Blues.” (As regrettable as that pun might be.)
That desperate situation will be highlighted tonight. Original reports indicated that the Blues were facing the possibility of only skating five defensemen against the Kings, but Darren Pang said that hurting captain Eric Brewer “looks good to go” for the game.
St. Louis originally found themselves in that potential bind because Brewer was hurt during a fight while Carlo Colaiacovo is expected to miss the game after getting hit in the face by a puck. Forward Alex Steen actually spent some time on defense in last night’s game because of the injuries.
Although the team will play a traditional group of six against the Kings, it wouldn’t be surprising if they struggle a bit. Considering the fact that defense is normally the team’s strong point, St. Louis might continue to struggle.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 0
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 47
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 22
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)