Jan 13, 2011, 10:16 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues have been so banged up this season, it’s tough to resist the urge to call them the “Black & Blues.” (As regrettable as that pun might be.)
That desperate situation will be highlighted tonight. Original reports indicated that the Blues were facing the possibility of only skating five defensemen against the Kings, but Darren Pang said that hurting captain Eric Brewer “looks good to go” for the game.
St. Louis originally found themselves in that potential bind because Brewer was hurt during a fight while Carlo Colaiacovo is expected to miss the game after getting hit in the face by a puck. Forward Alex Steen actually spent some time on defense in last night’s game because of the injuries.
Although the team will play a traditional group of six against the Kings, it wouldn’t be surprising if they struggle a bit. Considering the fact that defense is normally the team’s strong point, St. Louis might continue to struggle.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)