Jan 13, 2011, 10:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues have been so banged up this season, it’s tough to resist the urge to call them the “Black & Blues.” (As regrettable as that pun might be.)
That desperate situation will be highlighted tonight. Original reports indicated that the Blues were facing the possibility of only skating five defensemen against the Kings, but Darren Pang said that hurting captain Eric Brewer “looks good to go” for the game.
St. Louis originally found themselves in that potential bind because Brewer was hurt during a fight while Carlo Colaiacovo is expected to miss the game after getting hit in the face by a puck. Forward Alex Steen actually spent some time on defense in last night’s game because of the injuries.
Although the team will play a traditional group of six against the Kings, it wouldn’t be surprising if they struggle a bit. Considering the fact that defense is normally the team’s strong point, St. Louis might continue to struggle.
- Carolina is ‘concerned’ about Jordan Staal, who was helped off the ice 1
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)