Jan 13, 2011, 10:16 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues have been so banged up this season, it’s tough to resist the urge to call them the “Black & Blues.” (As regrettable as that pun might be.)
That desperate situation will be highlighted tonight. Original reports indicated that the Blues were facing the possibility of only skating five defensemen against the Kings, but Darren Pang said that hurting captain Eric Brewer “looks good to go” for the game.
St. Louis originally found themselves in that potential bind because Brewer was hurt during a fight while Carlo Colaiacovo is expected to miss the game after getting hit in the face by a puck. Forward Alex Steen actually spent some time on defense in last night’s game because of the injuries.
Although the team will play a traditional group of six against the Kings, it wouldn’t be surprising if they struggle a bit. Considering the fact that defense is normally the team’s strong point, St. Louis might continue to struggle.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 0
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 15
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 8
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)