Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
It wasn’t clear yet that Mason Raymond’s spinning “show-off” shootout goal would be Tuesday’s goal of the night, but after further observation, it was the evening’s best (and most memorable) tally.
There were, however, some other noteworthy moments and goals. We decided to single out two different types of hat tricks that took place last night.
One was of the standard, “official” three-goal variety via Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins. Bergeron deserves bonus points based on the fact that he didn’t need an empty net to score his third tally. Instead the three goals came from his alertness, skill and solid right-handed shot.
The second hat trick is of the anecdotal variety, as Philadelphia Flyers Scott Hartnell achieved the often sought-after “Gordie Howe hat trick.” The normal feat requires a goal, assist and a fight but Hartnell added an empty-netter to make it a two goal, one assist and one fight experience.
First, let’s take a look at video of Bergeron’s normal hat trick:
Next, Hartnell’s Gordie Howe hat trick:
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 6
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 48
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 39
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (48)