Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
It wasn’t clear yet that Mason Raymond’s spinning “show-off” shootout goal would be Tuesday’s goal of the night, but after further observation, it was the evening’s best (and most memorable) tally.
There were, however, some other noteworthy moments and goals. We decided to single out two different types of hat tricks that took place last night.
One was of the standard, “official” three-goal variety via Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins. Bergeron deserves bonus points based on the fact that he didn’t need an empty net to score his third tally. Instead the three goals came from his alertness, skill and solid right-handed shot.
The second hat trick is of the anecdotal variety, as Philadelphia Flyers Scott Hartnell achieved the often sought-after “Gordie Howe hat trick.” The normal feat requires a goal, assist and a fight but Hartnell added an empty-netter to make it a two goal, one assist and one fight experience.
First, let’s take a look at video of Bergeron’s normal hat trick:
Next, Hartnell’s Gordie Howe hat trick:
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 3
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 14
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 26
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)