Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It wasn’t clear yet that Mason Raymond’s spinning “show-off” shootout goal would be Tuesday’s goal of the night, but after further observation, it was the evening’s best (and most memorable) tally.
There were, however, some other noteworthy moments and goals. We decided to single out two different types of hat tricks that took place last night.
One was of the standard, “official” three-goal variety via Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins. Bergeron deserves bonus points based on the fact that he didn’t need an empty net to score his third tally. Instead the three goals came from his alertness, skill and solid right-handed shot.
The second hat trick is of the anecdotal variety, as Philadelphia Flyers Scott Hartnell achieved the often sought-after “Gordie Howe hat trick.” The normal feat requires a goal, assist and a fight but Hartnell added an empty-netter to make it a two goal, one assist and one fight experience.
First, let’s take a look at video of Bergeron’s normal hat trick:
Next, Hartnell’s Gordie Howe hat trick:
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)