Jan 12, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
There’s a saying that says, “imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.” If that’s true, then Montreal’s Carey Price should feel quite flattered tonight.
Last week, Price happily struck a pose after the Habs beat the Penguins in a shootout 2-1 in Montreal. The flamboyant act caught the eye of the Penguins for sure but they skated off with the loss to chew on what went down. Tonight, the Penguins were able to get some payback of their own, scoring four power play goals en route to a 5-2 win at Bell Centre.
This time around, however, the Penguins and Marc-Andre Fleury would not turn the other cheek. As the game came to an end, Fleury skated out from his crease and struck a pose of his own to celebrate. Afterward, Fleury’s explanation was fantastic.
“I just thought that’s how you celebrate a win in Montreal,” Fleury quipped. “It was just for a laugh.”
Laugh we shall, Marc-Andre. The only lesson learned out of this for Carey Price might be a lesson in humility. As for what we think, we love it. If the players can dish it out and take it in stride, we’re all the better for it. Being entertained is pretty awesome.
Have a look for yourself at the two poses. It’s a goalie pose-down, everyone!
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)