Jan 12, 2011, 11:14 PM EST
There’s a saying that says, “imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.” If that’s true, then Montreal’s Carey Price should feel quite flattered tonight.
Last week, Price happily struck a pose after the Habs beat the Penguins in a shootout 2-1 in Montreal. The flamboyant act caught the eye of the Penguins for sure but they skated off with the loss to chew on what went down. Tonight, the Penguins were able to get some payback of their own, scoring four power play goals en route to a 5-2 win at Bell Centre.
This time around, however, the Penguins and Marc-Andre Fleury would not turn the other cheek. As the game came to an end, Fleury skated out from his crease and struck a pose of his own to celebrate. Afterward, Fleury’s explanation was fantastic.
“I just thought that’s how you celebrate a win in Montreal,” Fleury quipped. “It was just for a laugh.”
Laugh we shall, Marc-Andre. The only lesson learned out of this for Carey Price might be a lesson in humility. As for what we think, we love it. If the players can dish it out and take it in stride, we’re all the better for it. Being entertained is pretty awesome.
Have a look for yourself at the two poses. It’s a goalie pose-down, everyone!
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)