Jan 12, 2011, 11:14 PM EST
There’s a saying that says, “imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.” If that’s true, then Montreal’s Carey Price should feel quite flattered tonight.
Last week, Price happily struck a pose after the Habs beat the Penguins in a shootout 2-1 in Montreal. The flamboyant act caught the eye of the Penguins for sure but they skated off with the loss to chew on what went down. Tonight, the Penguins were able to get some payback of their own, scoring four power play goals en route to a 5-2 win at Bell Centre.
This time around, however, the Penguins and Marc-Andre Fleury would not turn the other cheek. As the game came to an end, Fleury skated out from his crease and struck a pose of his own to celebrate. Afterward, Fleury’s explanation was fantastic.
“I just thought that’s how you celebrate a win in Montreal,” Fleury quipped. “It was just for a laugh.”
Laugh we shall, Marc-Andre. The only lesson learned out of this for Carey Price might be a lesson in humility. As for what we think, we love it. If the players can dish it out and take it in stride, we’re all the better for it. Being entertained is pretty awesome.
Have a look for yourself at the two poses. It’s a goalie pose-down, everyone!
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)