Jan 12, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
There’s a saying that says, “imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.” If that’s true, then Montreal’s Carey Price should feel quite flattered tonight.
Last week, Price happily struck a pose after the Habs beat the Penguins in a shootout 2-1 in Montreal. The flamboyant act caught the eye of the Penguins for sure but they skated off with the loss to chew on what went down. Tonight, the Penguins were able to get some payback of their own, scoring four power play goals en route to a 5-2 win at Bell Centre.
This time around, however, the Penguins and Marc-Andre Fleury would not turn the other cheek. As the game came to an end, Fleury skated out from his crease and struck a pose of his own to celebrate. Afterward, Fleury’s explanation was fantastic.
“I just thought that’s how you celebrate a win in Montreal,” Fleury quipped. “It was just for a laugh.”
Laugh we shall, Marc-Andre. The only lesson learned out of this for Carey Price might be a lesson in humility. As for what we think, we love it. If the players can dish it out and take it in stride, we’re all the better for it. Being entertained is pretty awesome.
Have a look for yourself at the two poses. It’s a goalie pose-down, everyone!
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)