Jan 12, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks fans aren’t very happy about it, but various sources report that Toronto Maple Leafs tough guy Colton Orr will not face a fine or a suspension for his controversial knee-to-knee hit on Sharks Calder Trophy candidate Logan Couture.
Couture didn’t return during the Sharks’ upsetting 4-2 loss to the Leafs, which ended up being former Sharks coach Ron Wilson’s 600th win behind an NHL bench. The latest word on Couture is that he might be “day-to-day” with a knee injury, which is the NHL injury report equivalent to a shoulder shrug. That being said, if the Sharks provide more information today, we’ll pass it along.
The talented Sharks rookie is one of the most promising first-year players in the league this season, with 19 goals and nine assists for 28 points with a +9 rating in 44 games played. Losing him for any extensive amount of time would be a huge blow to the struggling Sharks, as many observers consider him the team’s mid-point MVP.
Here is a clip of the hit, via Comcast Sportsnet.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 6
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)