Jan 12, 2011, 12:53 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks forward Logan Couture has arguably been the best rookie in the NHL so far this season (just look at the mid-season awards that Joe and I handed out). Hopefully tonight’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs won’t derail that potential Calder Trophy-worthy season.
Couture left tonight’s game after what looked like a scary knee-to-knee hit from Leafs tough guy Colton Orr. It’s unclear how severe the situation is for Couture, although he was questionable to return for tonight’s game. (As far as the legality of the hit, it’s hard to say if Couture didn’t put himself in a bad spot by trying to go around Orr.)
We’ll let you know if any updates surface regarding his situation. Hopefully Couture’s great season won’t hit a road bump after this hit.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35