Jan 12, 2011, 12:21 AM EDT
Last week’s best goal contest was a close one between Benn and Alex Ovechkin, but the save of the week wasn’t even close. In fact, Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard received more votes from PHT readers than the five other goalies combined.
It’s a good thing that Howard is looking sharp again, because his backup (and guy with 400 NHL wins) Chris Osgood is reportedly going to miss six to eight weeks with sports hernia surgery.
The save in question is a fun clip to watch overall, as an outlet pass takes a funny bounce to Daniel Sedin, who seems like he made quick work of it. Unfortunately for the shooting Sedin, Howard had other ideas. Check out the poll results blow and video of the save at the bottom of this post.
And here’s that video.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)