Jan 12, 2011, 12:21 AM EDT
Last week’s best goal contest was a close one between Benn and Alex Ovechkin, but the save of the week wasn’t even close. In fact, Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard received more votes from PHT readers than the five other goalies combined.
It’s a good thing that Howard is looking sharp again, because his backup (and guy with 400 NHL wins) Chris Osgood is reportedly going to miss six to eight weeks with sports hernia surgery.
The save in question is a fun clip to watch overall, as an outlet pass takes a funny bounce to Daniel Sedin, who seems like he made quick work of it. Unfortunately for the shooting Sedin, Howard had other ideas. Check out the poll results blow and video of the save at the bottom of this post.
And here’s that video.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)