Jan 12, 2011, 12:21 AM EDT
Last week’s best goal contest was a close one between Benn and Alex Ovechkin, but the save of the week wasn’t even close. In fact, Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard received more votes from PHT readers than the five other goalies combined.
It’s a good thing that Howard is looking sharp again, because his backup (and guy with 400 NHL wins) Chris Osgood is reportedly going to miss six to eight weeks with sports hernia surgery.
The save in question is a fun clip to watch overall, as an outlet pass takes a funny bounce to Daniel Sedin, who seems like he made quick work of it. Unfortunately for the shooting Sedin, Howard had other ideas. Check out the poll results blow and video of the save at the bottom of this post.
And here’s that video.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)