Jan 12, 2011, 12:21 AM EDT
Last week’s best goal contest was a close one between Benn and Alex Ovechkin, but the save of the week wasn’t even close. In fact, Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard received more votes from PHT readers than the five other goalies combined.
It’s a good thing that Howard is looking sharp again, because his backup (and guy with 400 NHL wins) Chris Osgood is reportedly going to miss six to eight weeks with sports hernia surgery.
The save in question is a fun clip to watch overall, as an outlet pass takes a funny bounce to Daniel Sedin, who seems like he made quick work of it. Unfortunately for the shooting Sedin, Howard had other ideas. Check out the poll results blow and video of the save at the bottom of this post.
And here’s that video.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)