Jan 12, 2011, 12:21 AM EDT
Last week’s best goal contest was a close one between Benn and Alex Ovechkin, but the save of the week wasn’t even close. In fact, Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard received more votes from PHT readers than the five other goalies combined.
It’s a good thing that Howard is looking sharp again, because his backup (and guy with 400 NHL wins) Chris Osgood is reportedly going to miss six to eight weeks with sports hernia surgery.
The save in question is a fun clip to watch overall, as an outlet pass takes a funny bounce to Daniel Sedin, who seems like he made quick work of it. Unfortunately for the shooting Sedin, Howard had other ideas. Check out the poll results blow and video of the save at the bottom of this post.
And here’s that video.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 0
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 18
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 7
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 55
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (55)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)