Jan 11, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While it may not have been a winning effort for Jaroslav Halak and the Blues last night, Halak was able to make it worthwhile for the fans in St. Louis just the same by making some of his trademark ridiculous saves.
Early in the third period with Phoenix already up 2-1, they were threatening deep in the Blues end. Martin Hanzal crashed the net with a shot on goal that Halak saved with a big rebound out to the slot. The problem there is that Coyotes captain Shane Doan was there ready to pounce on it. Doan let go an a wicked snap shot that Halak went down into the splits to reach out and grab it. It’s the brand of move that makes every guy wince in pain upon seeing but Blues fans were thankful to have the effort just the same.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20