Jan 11, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While it may not have been a winning effort for Jaroslav Halak and the Blues last night, Halak was able to make it worthwhile for the fans in St. Louis just the same by making some of his trademark ridiculous saves.
Early in the third period with Phoenix already up 2-1, they were threatening deep in the Blues end. Martin Hanzal crashed the net with a shot on goal that Halak saved with a big rebound out to the slot. The problem there is that Coyotes captain Shane Doan was there ready to pounce on it. Doan let go an a wicked snap shot that Halak went down into the splits to reach out and grab it. It’s the brand of move that makes every guy wince in pain upon seeing but Blues fans were thankful to have the effort just the same.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)