Jan 11, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While it may not have been a winning effort for Jaroslav Halak and the Blues last night, Halak was able to make it worthwhile for the fans in St. Louis just the same by making some of his trademark ridiculous saves.
Early in the third period with Phoenix already up 2-1, they were threatening deep in the Blues end. Martin Hanzal crashed the net with a shot on goal that Halak saved with a big rebound out to the slot. The problem there is that Coyotes captain Shane Doan was there ready to pounce on it. Doan let go an a wicked snap shot that Halak went down into the splits to reach out and grab it. It’s the brand of move that makes every guy wince in pain upon seeing but Blues fans were thankful to have the effort just the same.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)