Jan 11, 2011, 9:02 PM EST
While the window for Terry Pegula to become the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres seems to keep changing (reports first indicated that the team might introduce Pegula as their new owner shortly after the 2011 World Junior Championships), it seems like it might just be a matter of time. The latest rumors indicate that the announcement might come around All-Star Weekend in late January, although both sides continue to be coy for legal/public relations reasons.
Before such an agreement can become official, Pegula needs to make sure that he’s happy with his big money investment. Various sources report that the probable new owner of the Sabres visited the team’s offices today.
Again, it’s not quite official yet, but if the transaction is completed – whether that happens around January 30th or some other milestone such as the trade deadline – we’ll certainly let you know.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35