Jan 11, 2011, 9:02 PM EDT
While the window for Terry Pegula to become the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres seems to keep changing (reports first indicated that the team might introduce Pegula as their new owner shortly after the 2011 World Junior Championships), it seems like it might just be a matter of time. The latest rumors indicate that the announcement might come around All-Star Weekend in late January, although both sides continue to be coy for legal/public relations reasons.
Before such an agreement can become official, Pegula needs to make sure that he’s happy with his big money investment. Various sources report that the probable new owner of the Sabres visited the team’s offices today.
Again, it’s not quite official yet, but if the transaction is completed – whether that happens around January 30th or some other milestone such as the trade deadline – we’ll certainly let you know.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5