Jan 11, 2011, 9:02 PM EDT
While the window for Terry Pegula to become the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres seems to keep changing (reports first indicated that the team might introduce Pegula as their new owner shortly after the 2011 World Junior Championships), it seems like it might just be a matter of time. The latest rumors indicate that the announcement might come around All-Star Weekend in late January, although both sides continue to be coy for legal/public relations reasons.
Before such an agreement can become official, Pegula needs to make sure that he’s happy with his big money investment. Various sources report that the probable new owner of the Sabres visited the team’s offices today.
Again, it’s not quite official yet, but if the transaction is completed – whether that happens around January 30th or some other milestone such as the trade deadline – we’ll certainly let you know.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6