Jan 11, 2011, 9:02 PM EST
While the window for Terry Pegula to become the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres seems to keep changing (reports first indicated that the team might introduce Pegula as their new owner shortly after the 2011 World Junior Championships), it seems like it might just be a matter of time. The latest rumors indicate that the announcement might come around All-Star Weekend in late January, although both sides continue to be coy for legal/public relations reasons.
Before such an agreement can become official, Pegula needs to make sure that he’s happy with his big money investment. Various sources report that the probable new owner of the Sabres visited the team’s offices today.
Again, it’s not quite official yet, but if the transaction is completed – whether that happens around January 30th or some other milestone such as the trade deadline – we’ll certainly let you know.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12