Jan 11, 2011, 9:02 PM EDT
While the window for Terry Pegula to become the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres seems to keep changing (reports first indicated that the team might introduce Pegula as their new owner shortly after the 2011 World Junior Championships), it seems like it might just be a matter of time. The latest rumors indicate that the announcement might come around All-Star Weekend in late January, although both sides continue to be coy for legal/public relations reasons.
Before such an agreement can become official, Pegula needs to make sure that he’s happy with his big money investment. Various sources report that the probable new owner of the Sabres visited the team’s offices today.
Again, it’s not quite official yet, but if the transaction is completed – whether that happens around January 30th or some other milestone such as the trade deadline – we’ll certainly let you know.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)