Jan 11, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We kid about Mark Recchi’s age a lot. After all, when you’re a 42 year-old in the NHL, you’re a rarity in that you’re both relevant and a relic all the same. For the Boston Bruins, Recchi is the seemingly ageless wonder that keeps the team glued together. With each game that Recchi plays it seems like he’s finding new ways to twist the NHL’s barriers for older players.
What Recchi’s also able to do is continue to find ways to needle teams he used to play for. Over his career there’s been more than a few teams and last night, his power play goal against the Penguins turned out to be the dagger that won the game for Boston in their incredible comeback in the waning minutes of the third period. Recchi was able to take advantage of a big rebound from Marc-Andre Fleury from a shot by Michael Ryder and stuff home what proved to be the game-winning goal.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)