Jan 11, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We kid about Mark Recchi’s age a lot. After all, when you’re a 42 year-old in the NHL, you’re a rarity in that you’re both relevant and a relic all the same. For the Boston Bruins, Recchi is the seemingly ageless wonder that keeps the team glued together. With each game that Recchi plays it seems like he’s finding new ways to twist the NHL’s barriers for older players.
What Recchi’s also able to do is continue to find ways to needle teams he used to play for. Over his career there’s been more than a few teams and last night, his power play goal against the Penguins turned out to be the dagger that won the game for Boston in their incredible comeback in the waning minutes of the third period. Recchi was able to take advantage of a big rebound from Marc-Andre Fleury from a shot by Michael Ryder and stuff home what proved to be the game-winning goal.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)