Jan 11, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We kid about Mark Recchi’s age a lot. After all, when you’re a 42 year-old in the NHL, you’re a rarity in that you’re both relevant and a relic all the same. For the Boston Bruins, Recchi is the seemingly ageless wonder that keeps the team glued together. With each game that Recchi plays it seems like he’s finding new ways to twist the NHL’s barriers for older players.
What Recchi’s also able to do is continue to find ways to needle teams he used to play for. Over his career there’s been more than a few teams and last night, his power play goal against the Penguins turned out to be the dagger that won the game for Boston in their incredible comeback in the waning minutes of the third period. Recchi was able to take advantage of a big rebound from Marc-Andre Fleury from a shot by Michael Ryder and stuff home what proved to be the game-winning goal.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 62
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)