Jan 11, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We kid about Mark Recchi’s age a lot. After all, when you’re a 42 year-old in the NHL, you’re a rarity in that you’re both relevant and a relic all the same. For the Boston Bruins, Recchi is the seemingly ageless wonder that keeps the team glued together. With each game that Recchi plays it seems like he’s finding new ways to twist the NHL’s barriers for older players.
What Recchi’s also able to do is continue to find ways to needle teams he used to play for. Over his career there’s been more than a few teams and last night, his power play goal against the Penguins turned out to be the dagger that won the game for Boston in their incredible comeback in the waning minutes of the third period. Recchi was able to take advantage of a big rebound from Marc-Andre Fleury from a shot by Michael Ryder and stuff home what proved to be the game-winning goal.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)