Jan 11, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
We kid about Mark Recchi’s age a lot. After all, when you’re a 42 year-old in the NHL, you’re a rarity in that you’re both relevant and a relic all the same. For the Boston Bruins, Recchi is the seemingly ageless wonder that keeps the team glued together. With each game that Recchi plays it seems like he’s finding new ways to twist the NHL’s barriers for older players.
What Recchi’s also able to do is continue to find ways to needle teams he used to play for. Over his career there’s been more than a few teams and last night, his power play goal against the Penguins turned out to be the dagger that won the game for Boston in their incredible comeback in the waning minutes of the third period. Recchi was able to take advantage of a big rebound from Marc-Andre Fleury from a shot by Michael Ryder and stuff home what proved to be the game-winning goal.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 51
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 52
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 160
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)