Jan 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The decision to name Sunday night’s best save(s) came down to Minnesota Wild backup Jose Theodore’s nice glove stop against the Dallas Stars in a 4-0 loss and Chicago Blackhawks backup-turned-starter Corey Crawford’s pair of saves vs. the New York Islanders.
Theodore made a rather unusual glove save in a desperation situation while Crawford made two impressive stops. The first one is an example of Crawford’s impressive lateral movement as Josh Bailey to a split second too long to get control of the puck before attempting to bury a one-timer. The second is an impressive glove save on a Michael Grabner chance.
Ultimately, Crawford earned the win, a 29-save shutout and put together two impressive saves, so it seemed like he deserved the split decision. The PHT audience wins too, as you receive a bonus video clip to help enhance your cubicle time/school meanderings/whatever it is you’re doing for just a bit longer.
Crawford’s save against Bailey:
Crawford’s save versus Grabner:
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 20
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 10
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)