Jan 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The decision to name Sunday night’s best save(s) came down to Minnesota Wild backup Jose Theodore’s nice glove stop against the Dallas Stars in a 4-0 loss and Chicago Blackhawks backup-turned-starter Corey Crawford’s pair of saves vs. the New York Islanders.
Theodore made a rather unusual glove save in a desperation situation while Crawford made two impressive stops. The first one is an example of Crawford’s impressive lateral movement as Josh Bailey to a split second too long to get control of the puck before attempting to bury a one-timer. The second is an impressive glove save on a Michael Grabner chance.
Ultimately, Crawford earned the win, a 29-save shutout and put together two impressive saves, so it seemed like he deserved the split decision. The PHT audience wins too, as you receive a bonus video clip to help enhance your cubicle time/school meanderings/whatever it is you’re doing for just a bit longer.
Crawford’s save against Bailey:
Crawford’s save versus Grabner:
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 24
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 51
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)