Jan 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The decision to name Sunday night’s best save(s) came down to Minnesota Wild backup Jose Theodore’s nice glove stop against the Dallas Stars in a 4-0 loss and Chicago Blackhawks backup-turned-starter Corey Crawford’s pair of saves vs. the New York Islanders.
Theodore made a rather unusual glove save in a desperation situation while Crawford made two impressive stops. The first one is an example of Crawford’s impressive lateral movement as Josh Bailey to a split second too long to get control of the puck before attempting to bury a one-timer. The second is an impressive glove save on a Michael Grabner chance.
Ultimately, Crawford earned the win, a 29-save shutout and put together two impressive saves, so it seemed like he deserved the split decision. The PHT audience wins too, as you receive a bonus video clip to help enhance your cubicle time/school meanderings/whatever it is you’re doing for just a bit longer.
Crawford’s save against Bailey:
Crawford’s save versus Grabner:
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)