Jan 10, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Tough news for Washington Capitals fans: Bruce Boudreau passed along word that sniper Alexander Semin won’t make the team’s Florida trip.
Boyd Gordon will make the trip instead, so expect Semin to miss at least Tuesday’s game against the Florida Panthers and Wednesday’s match against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Losing Semin for the Lightning game hurts the most because Tampa Bay holds a precarious one point lead in the Southeast Division (which Boudreau calls “the toughest division in the East”) and has been struggling on defense and in net lately.
Semin scored 17 goals and 18 assists for 35 points in 39 games so far this season, but it shouldn’t be a surprise that he’s dealing with injury issues. He missed 9, 20 and 19 games in the last three seasons. We’ll keep you up to date regarding his status going forward.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 30
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 11
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 114
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 92
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (114)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (92)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)