Jan 10, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Tough news for Washington Capitals fans: Bruce Boudreau passed along word that sniper Alexander Semin won’t make the team’s Florida trip.
Boyd Gordon will make the trip instead, so expect Semin to miss at least Tuesday’s game against the Florida Panthers and Wednesday’s match against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Losing Semin for the Lightning game hurts the most because Tampa Bay holds a precarious one point lead in the Southeast Division (which Boudreau calls “the toughest division in the East”) and has been struggling on defense and in net lately.
Semin scored 17 goals and 18 assists for 35 points in 39 games so far this season, but it shouldn’t be a surprise that he’s dealing with injury issues. He missed 9, 20 and 19 games in the last three seasons. We’ll keep you up to date regarding his status going forward.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 29
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)