Jan 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Dallas Stars drilled the Minnesota Wild 4-0 to earn their seventh consecutive road win thanks to a team effort plus some great goaltending from backup Andrew Raycroft. Yet while just about everyone skating for Dallas had a pretty good to great game, Jamie Benn probably stood out the most.
(At least when you consider the fact that a brilliant Brad Richards assist more or less blends into the background of an absolutely impressive season for the pending unrestricted free agent.)
While there were some other great goals (including an outstanding end-to-end rush and deke by Bryan Little) on Sunday night, no one can top the move Benn made to beat helpless defenseman Cam Barker and goalie Jose Theodore to score a truly beautiful goal. Check out footage of what often verbose Stars announcer Darryl Reaugh called a “full frontal lobotomy” in the video below.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 2
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 32
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46