Jan 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Dallas Stars drilled the Minnesota Wild 4-0 to earn their seventh consecutive road win thanks to a team effort plus some great goaltending from backup Andrew Raycroft. Yet while just about everyone skating for Dallas had a pretty good to great game, Jamie Benn probably stood out the most.
(At least when you consider the fact that a brilliant Brad Richards assist more or less blends into the background of an absolutely impressive season for the pending unrestricted free agent.)
While there were some other great goals (including an outstanding end-to-end rush and deke by Bryan Little) on Sunday night, no one can top the move Benn made to beat helpless defenseman Cam Barker and goalie Jose Theodore to score a truly beautiful goal. Check out footage of what often verbose Stars announcer Darryl Reaugh called a “full frontal lobotomy” in the video below.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)