Jan 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Dallas Stars drilled the Minnesota Wild 4-0 to earn their seventh consecutive road win thanks to a team effort plus some great goaltending from backup Andrew Raycroft. Yet while just about everyone skating for Dallas had a pretty good to great game, Jamie Benn probably stood out the most.
(At least when you consider the fact that a brilliant Brad Richards assist more or less blends into the background of an absolutely impressive season for the pending unrestricted free agent.)
While there were some other great goals (including an outstanding end-to-end rush and deke by Bryan Little) on Sunday night, no one can top the move Benn made to beat helpless defenseman Cam Barker and goalie Jose Theodore to score a truly beautiful goal. Check out footage of what often verbose Stars announcer Darryl Reaugh called a “full frontal lobotomy” in the video below.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of ‘embarrassing’ embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)