Jan 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Dallas Stars drilled the Minnesota Wild 4-0 to earn their seventh consecutive road win thanks to a team effort plus some great goaltending from backup Andrew Raycroft. Yet while just about everyone skating for Dallas had a pretty good to great game, Jamie Benn probably stood out the most.
(At least when you consider the fact that a brilliant Brad Richards assist more or less blends into the background of an absolutely impressive season for the pending unrestricted free agent.)
While there were some other great goals (including an outstanding end-to-end rush and deke by Bryan Little) on Sunday night, no one can top the move Benn made to beat helpless defenseman Cam Barker and goalie Jose Theodore to score a truly beautiful goal. Check out footage of what often verbose Stars announcer Darryl Reaugh called a “full frontal lobotomy” in the video below.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)