Jan 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
The Dallas Stars drilled the Minnesota Wild 4-0 to earn their seventh consecutive road win thanks to a team effort plus some great goaltending from backup Andrew Raycroft. Yet while just about everyone skating for Dallas had a pretty good to great game, Jamie Benn probably stood out the most.
(At least when you consider the fact that a brilliant Brad Richards assist more or less blends into the background of an absolutely impressive season for the pending unrestricted free agent.)
While there were some other great goals (including an outstanding end-to-end rush and deke by Bryan Little) on Sunday night, no one can top the move Benn made to beat helpless defenseman Cam Barker and goalie Jose Theodore to score a truly beautiful goal. Check out footage of what often verbose Stars announcer Darryl Reaugh called a “full frontal lobotomy” in the video below.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17