Jan 9, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Tampa Bay @ New Jersey – 5 p.m.
Tampa Bay’s starter: Dan Ellis will get his first start in a while after Dwayne Roloson started Tampa’s last three games. (Source)
New Jersey’s starter: Martin Brodeur makes his first start since being chased from a 6-3 loss to Carolina last Saturday. (Source)
Dallas @ Minnesota – 6 p.m.
Dallas’ likely starter: Kari Lehtonen figures to get the start for the Stars. UPDATE: Oops, Andrew Raycroft gets the call.
Minnesota’s starter: Jose Theodore will get yet another start and is coming off a shutout of the Penguins last night. (Source)
NY Islanders @ Chicago – 7 p.m.
New York’s likely starter: Kevin Poulin played great yesterday, but today should be Nathan Lawson’s shot to see what he can do.
Chicago’s starter: Corey Crawford gets the start once again as he’s the de facto #1 now in Chicago. (Source)
San Jose @ Anaheim – 8 p.m.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki should get the call tonight as Antti Niemi started last night’s tough loss to Nashville.
Anaheim’s likely starter: Jonas Hiller figures to get the call against intrastate rival San Jose. Hiller had a 6-0 shutout against Columbus in his last start.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35