Jan 9, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Tampa Bay @ New Jersey – 5 p.m.
Tampa Bay’s starter: Dan Ellis will get his first start in a while after Dwayne Roloson started Tampa’s last three games. (Source)
New Jersey’s starter: Martin Brodeur makes his first start since being chased from a 6-3 loss to Carolina last Saturday. (Source)
Dallas @ Minnesota – 6 p.m.
Dallas’ likely starter: Kari Lehtonen figures to get the start for the Stars. UPDATE: Oops, Andrew Raycroft gets the call.
Minnesota’s starter: Jose Theodore will get yet another start and is coming off a shutout of the Penguins last night. (Source)
NY Islanders @ Chicago – 7 p.m.
New York’s likely starter: Kevin Poulin played great yesterday, but today should be Nathan Lawson’s shot to see what he can do.
Chicago’s starter: Corey Crawford gets the start once again as he’s the de facto #1 now in Chicago. (Source)
San Jose @ Anaheim – 8 p.m.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki should get the call tonight as Antti Niemi started last night’s tough loss to Nashville.
Anaheim’s likely starter: Jonas Hiller figures to get the call against intrastate rival San Jose. Hiller had a 6-0 shutout against Columbus in his last start.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2