Jan 9, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Tampa Bay @ New Jersey – 5 p.m.
Tampa Bay’s starter: Dan Ellis will get his first start in a while after Dwayne Roloson started Tampa’s last three games. (Source)
New Jersey’s starter: Martin Brodeur makes his first start since being chased from a 6-3 loss to Carolina last Saturday. (Source)
Dallas @ Minnesota – 6 p.m.
Dallas’ likely starter: Kari Lehtonen figures to get the start for the Stars. UPDATE: Oops, Andrew Raycroft gets the call.
Minnesota’s starter: Jose Theodore will get yet another start and is coming off a shutout of the Penguins last night. (Source)
NY Islanders @ Chicago – 7 p.m.
New York’s likely starter: Kevin Poulin played great yesterday, but today should be Nathan Lawson’s shot to see what he can do.
Chicago’s starter: Corey Crawford gets the start once again as he’s the de facto #1 now in Chicago. (Source)
San Jose @ Anaheim – 8 p.m.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki should get the call tonight as Antti Niemi started last night’s tough loss to Nashville.
Anaheim’s likely starter: Jonas Hiller figures to get the call against intrastate rival San Jose. Hiller had a 6-0 shutout against Columbus in his last start.
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 12
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 5
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 51
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (54)