Jan 9, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Tampa Bay @ New Jersey – 5 p.m.
Tampa Bay’s starter: Dan Ellis will get his first start in a while after Dwayne Roloson started Tampa’s last three games. (Source)
New Jersey’s starter: Martin Brodeur makes his first start since being chased from a 6-3 loss to Carolina last Saturday. (Source)
Dallas @ Minnesota – 6 p.m.
Dallas’ likely starter: Kari Lehtonen figures to get the start for the Stars. UPDATE: Oops, Andrew Raycroft gets the call.
Minnesota’s starter: Jose Theodore will get yet another start and is coming off a shutout of the Penguins last night. (Source)
NY Islanders @ Chicago – 7 p.m.
New York’s likely starter: Kevin Poulin played great yesterday, but today should be Nathan Lawson’s shot to see what he can do.
Chicago’s starter: Corey Crawford gets the start once again as he’s the de facto #1 now in Chicago. (Source)
San Jose @ Anaheim – 8 p.m.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki should get the call tonight as Antti Niemi started last night’s tough loss to Nashville.
Anaheim’s likely starter: Jonas Hiller figures to get the call against intrastate rival San Jose. Hiller had a 6-0 shutout against Columbus in his last start.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)