Jan 9, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day.
Tampa Bay @ New Jersey – 5 p.m.
Tampa Bay’s starter: Dan Ellis will get his first start in a while after Dwayne Roloson started Tampa’s last three games. (Source)
New Jersey’s starter: Martin Brodeur makes his first start since being chased from a 6-3 loss to Carolina last Saturday. (Source)
Dallas @ Minnesota – 6 p.m.
Dallas’ likely starter: Kari Lehtonen figures to get the start for the Stars. UPDATE: Oops, Andrew Raycroft gets the call.
Minnesota’s starter: Jose Theodore will get yet another start and is coming off a shutout of the Penguins last night. (Source)
NY Islanders @ Chicago – 7 p.m.
New York’s likely starter: Kevin Poulin played great yesterday, but today should be Nathan Lawson’s shot to see what he can do.
Chicago’s starter: Corey Crawford gets the start once again as he’s the de facto #1 now in Chicago. (Source)
San Jose @ Anaheim – 8 p.m.
San Jose’s likely starter: Antero Niittymaki should get the call tonight as Antti Niemi started last night’s tough loss to Nashville.
Anaheim’s likely starter: Jonas Hiller figures to get the call against intrastate rival San Jose. Hiller had a 6-0 shutout against Columbus in his last start.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 4
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 9
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 33
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)