Jan 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Jimmy Howard of the Detroit Red Wings had to come up with a big night to instill hope and confidence that he could carry the load for the Wings. With Chris Osgood being a late scratch for their game last night and potentially being out for some time with a groin injury, the pressure was on Howard to come up big against the West-leading Canucks.
Making matters worse was the Canucks entering the game with an eight-game win streak. Daunting odds for just about any goaltender, but Howard answered the bell in flashy ways like he did to Daniel Sedin. Sedin got his chance to beat Howard early in the first period, but his efforts were thwarted thanks to a diving glove save to prevent Vancouver from jumping out to an early lead. Howard was good all night long as the Wings went on to win 2-1 in a shootout. As for his stop on Daniel Sedin, have a look for yourself.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 1
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)